It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Age by 2020 : The Sea Salt Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Drunvalo Melchizedek made a very interesting post concerning the start of an ice age by 2010 due to the rapid melting of the polar ice caps causing the stopping of the gulf stream due to the dilution and changes in sea salt levels.

His post can be read here
curezone.com...

He referenced a DND Pentagon Release paper from the Office of Net Assessment chaired by the legendary Andrew W. Marshall and what is interesting about this paper is it actually confirms Drunvalo's posting about warming until 2010, and then cooling and the entering of a ice age that will blanket Europe, Canada, and Russia eventually under hundreds of feet of ice and snow..

The paper is titled "An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States Security" written in 2003

It can be found and read here : www.mindfully.org...

The question I have is why (or is it just me) so difficult to find any of the latest salinity levels to confirm or deny the postulation... the other thing is why do the institutes referenced in Marshalls paper like the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute not seem to have any salinity data...

Or is the whole world just riding on the earth is going to burn to a cinder bit with the rest of the global warming crowd?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Nice topic, gulfstreamsalt.

I did some quick checking, and it appears salinity data is only available through 2005 from NOAA.

NOAA Salinity Data

The Europeans plan comprehensive study for the coming year:

ESA's Soil Moisture and Ocean Salinity (SMOS) Mission.

Finally, there appears to be a UN(?) sponsored mission that just completed deployment of over 3,000 free-drifting floats to measure ocean salinity and temperatures.

See, for example, ARGO.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thats the thing I don't get is the measurement data should be automated, and if so just spit the data up to the server and let everyone look at it... Its like solar radiance data - why is that so out to date, and then you look at the older data and you find out its VERY cyclical. Is there science to protect or a political budget around global warming... Check out the following graph from NGDC

ftp.ngdc.noaa.gov...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This theory was the basis for the book "The coming global superstorm" which is what "The Day After Tomorrow" was based on. It was written by by Art Bell and Whitley Strieber in 1999.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

The thing I do not get is everybody *KNOWS* the planet is heating up the Gore Crowd is pointing at Carbon Dioxide, the alternative community is pointing at solar radiance (and pointing at the Gore Crowd), but it seems nobody is paying any attention to the fact that ocean salinity levels may be greatly affecting the ocean currents or is it that they are being shut up, or just not noticing the data, or possibly its not slowing...

The thing that *IS* fascinating about the Marshal Paper from the Pentagon is it DID predict accurately the droughts in the southwest back in 2003 that we are all seeing today...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Somewhere in this forum is a great thread on the Gulf Stream, posted by Indy, I think.

You might want to look at that one too.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks I will check it out.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ya your right, in May this year ATS has the following thread and the fellow has actually found some Gulf Stream Disruptions and posted some pictures of it..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This may be gaining a lot more credence and validity and be an actual serious issue that is deliberately being ignored and shut up by the main stream.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well there with Ocean Salinity do we want the levels at the top of the water, lower in the current or down at the bottom. It should be different at the different levels. And once we get them...what does it mean? We look at a short term graph (of say 50 years) and see a trend, do we panic?
I hope that while they are doing this they are measuring ocean CO2 levels. My take on "global warming" is that it is ocean based. Increased volcanic activity underseas is releasing magma into the water, heating it. Also releasing CO2 and Sulfur compounds that will also heat the water/Earth.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gulfstreamsalt

I think there are even a couple more on that topic.

All of them are good reading.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here is the latest data, it does seem to be quite broken up as it gets farther north and does not make a clean path

Latest Data
rads.tudelft.nl...

Notice the consistent stops in the stream...

Now check out this article

www.guardian.co.uk...

The Guardian had a flap up in arms' kind of article about a temporary halt in the Gulf Stream back in November 2004, If you look at the last months data its been sputtering for the last month in different sections..

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gulfstreamsalt

[[
]] Yet, I have been led to believe that the southwest has been in drought for 10-15 years.

When the salinity monitors are deployed, activated, and in use, could "we" then utilize the information to artificially increase the salinity in certain areas to stimulate the "natural" flow of the oceans? Seems we could give Mother Nature a helping hand in this regard, given the significant salt deposits world wide. Also, it would not be a matter of introducing some "man-made" pollutant into the environment...

I'll draw up a proposal.

Overall, a very good read. Informative.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Worst Drought in Australia in 1000 years

www.guardian.co.uk...

And yet when you find out their gulfstream has slowed by 30% in the last 12 years (accounting for 5-8 degrees C of cooling it makes perfect sense)

melbourne.indymedia.org...

The Pentagon paper references a period of continual conflict over limited resources as all civilizations have done in the past when their resource base enters a period of net negativity...

I do not think that the US can get by without Canada's water, so they will form alliances (water for food kind of deals) as Canada will be a frozen wasteland but still able to pump water from their large underice lakes for irrigation projects to the drought ridden south..

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

That would be like trying to salt the river by standing on its edge with a salt shaker, they would have to collect all the known deposits of salt and dump it in the ocean and I do not think it would amount to beans...

Have to see if it comes...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

As much as I would like to help Mother Nature, we probably should leave this one alone. We have no idea what the consequences could be if we goof on the math or try to adjust it in a way that would keep a stable and consistent climate for Northern Europe/Canada. The Gulf Stream may be more complex than concentration of Salt and water temperature.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To harddrive21 and gulfstreamsalt;

Thank you for the replies. My comments were somewhat tongue in cheek. I agree we should not try to fool Mother Nature, nor should we try to fool ourselves. I believe that humans do impact the earth and environs, however, the effect is minimal.

My proposal would have as much effect on global warming/ climate change as much as others, eg. cutting CO2 emissions.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yeah totally agree with you. Human Impact CO2 is nothing compared to Volcanic CO2.
There is a group of scientists out there that are working on ways to adjust the climate (some crazy ideas like seeding the atmosphere with Sulfur). Just wanted others reading the thread to realize that there can be an unintended consequence if we mess with the machine.
Just to say this : we do need to be good stewards of the Earth...but we should not have the egotistical thought that all fossil fuel burning is causing Global Warming. Plus, the new buzz word is Climate Change - covers a heating or cooling.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I believe this is the thread about the Gulf Stream authored by indy

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gulfstreamsalt
reply to post by Karlhungis

The thing I do not get is everybody *KNOWS* the planet is heating up the Gore Crowd is pointing at Carbon Dioxide, the alternative community is pointing at solar radiance (and pointing at the Gore Crowd), but it seems nobody is paying any attention to the fact that ocean salinity levels may be greatly affecting the ocean currents or is it that they are being shut up, or just not noticing the data, or possibly its not slowing...

The thing that *IS* fascinating about the Marshal Paper from the Pentagon is it DID predict accurately the droughts in the southwest back in 2003 that we are all seeing today...

I think you are correct. Everyone knows, but some people seem to be dishonest about it and using it to further their own agendas. I don't think the world needs to focus on carbon emissions as much as it needs to prepare for what will happen as this cycle continues. Cutting carbon emissions would be wonderful, same with cutting pollution. I think both would benefit the planet, but I think they are both secondary to being unprepared for what could happen.

It seems as though the world is looking at this as a long term, we can fix it when we fix it, type of an issue. But it really seems to be more of a, something serious has been set in motion and we need to figure out what to do kind of an issue.

All this talk about secret underground facilities set up by the "NWO" for nefairous purposes had me thinking. *IF* they really exist, wouldn't it make sense that the government *IS* preparing for the worst? They don't want to come out and say it, but when the time is right, they will be prepared to move enough people underground to survive? I mean, if this really could cause another ice age, wouldn't we have to go underground?

Also, didn't they just make the "doomsday" time capsul full of seeds and what not and stash it away to re-start civilization, "just incase"?

To go down the rabbit hole and imagine the "what if's" of this scenario can get pretty depressing. If you aren't chosen, how would you survive? How would you take care of your family? Could you watch your children / wife / husband / parents / family starve to death, freeze to death?

Of all of the doomsday scenarios out there, this one freaks me out the most. It seems the most real to me.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Here's a related thread about gulf stream weakening.

I believe I tagged a few of the older threads as such if you search for those terms.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join