It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

100th Anniversary of the New York Ball Drop

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Call me crazy and whatnot, but the second I heard that it was the "100th Anniversary", my "conspiracy theorist" sense kicked in.

I'm hoping that this is nothing more than a dwindling feeling and that everything goes completely fine, but still. What are the odds of something bad happening at this time?




posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I won't be watching. After watching Dick Clark grope his co-host last year, I don't think I can bring myself to watch any more. It was one thing for him to host before he had his stroke, heck he was an ageless wonder. But watching him now, no matter how brief it is, is just painful.

But along the conspiracy angle, yes... 100th anniversary would be a good time for something to go down. Although, if it did happen it would most likely be a homegrown terrorist. Islamic terrorists seem to use a different set of significant dates than we do. I don't know if the 100th anniversary would be important enough for them.



posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I won't be watching. After watching Dick Clark grope his co-host last year, I don't think I can bring myself to watch any more. It was one thing for him to host before he had his stroke, heck he was an ageless wonder. But watching him now, no matter how brief it is, is just painful.


I know, but just seeing him continue is truly an inspiration to everybody out there. I still wish he'd retire, though, but just seeing him come out makes me want to continue watching him.


Originally posted by Karlhungis
But along the conspiracy angle, yes... 100th anniversary would be a good time for something to go down. Although, if it did happen it would most likely be a homegrown terrorist. Islamic terrorists seem to use a different set of significant dates than we do. I don't know if the 100th anniversary would be important enough for them.


Well, you have to remember that there's also a chance that the government may do something, so who knows. I think it's better safe than sorry at this point.



posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity
 


What? What in the world would the government do?

I can make a list of things the government will do on Monday night....and NONE have anything to do with the new years ball.

1. Keep me safe from terrorists
2. Raise my taxes
3. Tap the phones of people that need tapped
4. Keep looking for Osama
5. Raise my taxes again.....

Hope that helps.

Dorian Soran



posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well, nothing happened, unless you count Anderson and that *snip* ruining the 100th anniversary with their childish bickering.

I bet it much have been awesome for Dick Clark to countdown from 20. Truly inspiring.



posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

I can make a list of things the government will do on Monday night....and NONE have anything to do with the new years ball.

1. Keep me safe from terrorists
2. Raise my taxes
3. Tap the phones of people that need tapped
4. Keep looking for Osama
5. Raise my taxes again.....


I got news for ya pal.
1. The government would rather toss you in a lions pit than keep you safe.
2. They're going to regardless.
3. Let's try tapping ALL phones, just like they monitors ALL emails.
4. Osama was murdered YEARS ago.



posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelMyers

4. Osama was murdered YEARS ago.


I do so apologize if it appears that I am getting off topic in this thread...as I do love dear old Dick. But, as I have been away from ATS for a few years, I must say this is a new one on me. Is there proof of this accusation on ATS? If so, please direct me to an appropriate thread. I will attempt a search also. Thank you in advance.

As for the ball dropping (so that I appear to be somewhat on topic).....HAPPY NEW YEAR!



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join