It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World outsources pregnancies to India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

World outsources pregnancies to India

news.yahoo.com

ANAND, India - Every night in this quiet western Indian city, 15 pregnant women prepare for sleep in the spacious house they share, ascending the stairs in a procession of ballooned bellies, to bedrooms that become a landscape of soft hills.
A team of maids, cooks and doctors looks after the women, whose pregnancies would be unusual anywhere else but are common here. The young mothers of Anand, a place famous for its milk, are pregnant with the children of infertile couples from around the...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Industrialized Surrogacy, Wombs for Rent, egad. First Microsoft Customer Support and now we outsource the birthing process. Whats next our souls? Or did we outsource that already?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30/12/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
ya, we sold our souls for corporate profits,
we have many children here in the states, waiting for adoption, but it's much better to go and hire some poor peasant in a third world nation to bring you one into the world instead.
if abortions were to end tomorrow, we would have even more children waiting for adoption, and some poor peasant in a third world nation would still be used to bring one into the world for us...

and, as far as the poor peasant goes, wouldn't it be better, easier on her if we just provided her with a job, in her own country, making a decent living where she could afford the house she wants, food for her kids, ect...
but what am I saying, we don't even have it our heart to do that here, do we?
we'd rather go over there, take the peasants' land from them, the land that they were using to grow and produce that which they needed to live, build our factories, and well, hire her for a pittance....and then she still is left to rummage for survival or rent out her womb, for us....

ya, I think we sold our souls awhile back.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
children,the most prescious off all earths treasures are now a commodity.i pray we dont sell our souls,what else will be left?.

i suspect most of us have already sold our purity,love people,love.

apc

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Ug. More undermining evolution. For the most part, infertile people are infertile for a reason. Some combination of mutations or genetic flags that compounded to disable the ability to reproduce.

These people who, as stated in the article, "desperately need to have a baby," rank right up there with the idiots that sterilize themselves to fight global warming. The latter are right, they shouldn't breed. But there's few things as narcissistic as thinking you "need" to have a baby.

Like dawnstar says, there's far too many children waiting to be adopted to homes that want, and maybe even "need" them. What are these people thinking? Or are they?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar
[mor

I applaud you ... it's a sad sad world we live in. The first thing that came to my mind as I read this is of all the children waiting to be adopted.... all the children that will never have homes... People are selfish...bc they say that they want their own children... well you would think that if it was in Gods plan for them to birth a child on their own they woud've after 200 thousand dollars... we cannot accept reality and we do not accept Gods will ( as a ppl) therefore yes... we will go to any means to achieve what we desire and think will fulfill our lifes... I have been to thrid world countries... this is very sad how we are exploiting these woman ... bc they do not even realize they are being exploited... they are not being counseled they are being brainwashed..

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

there are people who would view you with such disdain,would you like it if you were told you wernt to have children because you are inferior to them?,no.

its about respect for life.

apc

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It's not an issue of inferiority or superiority. I don't care about anybody's disdain. I'm being completely objective.

Why do you think mules can't breed? Their genetics have raised an internal conflict and the encoded response is to disable reproduction. Ignoring and bypassing this response is dangerous and harmful.

Respecting life means not disrespecting the mechanism for life. If someone is born with no reproductive organs at all, you don't sew some replacements in/on and then wonder why their kids are mutated as well. If these people would think for five seconds about the consequences of their actions they would realize the only rational and sensible choice is to adopt one of the thousands of homeless children instead of insulting the natural order and reproducing just to make themselves feel better.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

the theorem of natural order in my opinion does not equate to a human beings wish to reproduce being denied.

if you had the misfortune of having a genitc malfunction, would you not take the oppotunuty to overcome it via humanitys progress with knowledge and tech?.

self determined evolution is the path of all species eventually,how you gonna naturaly evolve everytime you move to a new planet etc!?.

however i do agree there should be more adoption taking place,to many orphans.

anyone seen the dying rooms?,it scarred me forever.
www.channel4.com...

apc

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with wishing to reproduce, and a person's DNA dictating that they can't doesn't interfere with that desire. People thinking they "need" to reproduce that bypass their natural inability to do so is what I'm talking about. It's pure 100% selfishness and the person who pays the price is the child.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

i can just imagine the kids asking
why are arent you asian like me?
the parents its nothing child we just had some money left over so we got some peasent in India to give birth to you,

unless of course everything goes perfect and the kid doesnt look anything like the birth mother

[edit on 31-12-2007 by bodrul]

top topics

join