It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing something wierd!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This is something that i have really never told anyone.

A few years back, around year 2000. Me and my parents where building out our kitchen. After putting on the roof section, we placed tiels (type of stones). I remember this was a very warm summer.
The time was now around 20.00 hours. The sun was starting to go down i the west. witch is normal. We where on our way off the roof to go take a swim. But i noticed something out of order to the east.. A big red ball in the air.. The picture is stuck in my head. It was moving left to right. I was young at the time, and really did not think over it that much. But it was big... around the same size of the sun in the sky to the west.
It started out as a red ball, but it kinda turn color to a dark red/black.. it was in the sky for about 10min.. just waving around left to right.. After the color changing it went into a sparkeling white/green.. Then at this time we left to the car to go swimming. I have not told this to anyone.. You guys are the first. This was seen to the north of Kristiansand, Norway

[edit on 30-12-2007 by wdpk88]

[edit on 30-12-2007 by wdpk88]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, wdpk88!

Thanks for sharing your story.

I wonder if what you saw could have been some sort of an atmospheric phenomenon?

Like the rays of the sun glancing off the underside of a cloud layer as it set and casting it's doppelganger across the sky and appearing in the east?

Or maybe you got hold of a bad batch of lutefisk?

Just kidding!

Seriously, it's sounds like it was quite a fascinating sight.

Do you remember if the sky was clear?

Did it waver a lot, or was it more of a shimmering?

Was this near the ocean?

Cool story! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Well was no Lutefisk in the picture her

There was not a cloud in the sky. And this was about 50km from the sea.

It was like rolling from left to right in a U shape. The light that came after a while where flashes. Stonge flashes. And even when it was the much light out. Was like camera flasher.. but 1000 times stronger!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I was wondering if you had any recollection of the time just after the event? Did you have any missing time, or does anything seem not right about the event, or post section of time? Reflect back on it, and you might find something there in your mind, it might take years of thinking but there is a possibility you could have been chosen to see it, or were involved with them somehow.It could have been a top secret project you saw as well, but why fly in the dusk unless wanting to be seen?. Could there be any other details you can give us about the event? Did anyone else in the home see the event? I am guessing no because you said you never told anyone. How far away do you think it was from you?
Ok good luck.
DWT

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Were you in such a remote area that thousands of others would not have seen such a huge sighting? Time and age can play tricks on your mind, and sometimes you remember what you want to based or remember something inaccurately based on outside influences (such as browsing alternative websites, etc)

Just thoughts......

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wdpk88

wdpk88 I believe what you saw was an alien craft. When I first joined ATS a deep seated memory came to light. I saw a UFO. No doubt in my mind or the two highways patrol men's minds. However, getting anyone to believe me was impossible on this forum.

I was not into such things and did not have my trusty camera with me nor did I have a thousand witnesses or any other evidence. But I assure you I know what I saw. It seems like the memory disappeared from my head until I joined this site. At least my daughter saw it too.

No one believed me and I doubt you will be believed. I do believe you as it follows a pattern I have noticed. The UFO event happens and for some reason we forget it for years until something helps us remember it.

The craft was hoovering a few feet over my parents home, my daughter and I clearly saw it and not one of us ever talked of it again. It was as if was erased from our minds.

I do love and enjoy ATS but when it comes to UFO sightings you can forget being believed. If you had a picture of you and an alien shaking hands it would still not be believed. But that is how it is here and I have slowly evolved into one of the skeptics I'm fussing about.

I am not a blooming idiot. I realize that if there are alien craft in our skies the government would know. Many normal citizens have seen them also. The big question is why the mystery? Why is our government not telling us the truth.

Therein lies the conspiracy my friend.

Welcome to ATS. Keep watching the skies.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I saw one of those when I was young. They are called Fireballs. It was RED and flashed across the sky (very low across the horizon) and scared me to death. I remember it brought me to tears as I thought the Martians were landing. We lived on top of a hill above Lake Ontario in New York State. My imagination ran wild and my older brother and my cousin teased me that indeed the Martians were coming!!!!! This happened during complete daylight which made it even more frightening.

Space is full of material left over from the creation of the Solar System, and the Earth is continually encountering this debris, which enters our atmosphere at very high velocities- many kilometers per second. At such speeds, the air in front of a meteoroid is rapidly compressed, producing enough heat to ablate its surface and usually burn it up completely while still many kilometers high. As it burns, it generates a bright streak across the sky- a meteor, or shooting star. From a location with dark skies, you will normally see several meteors per hour as sand-sized particles burn up.

Occasionally, larger particles encounter the Earth's atmosphere, producing much more spectacular light shows. These very bright meteors are called fireballs (the International Astronomical Union defines a fireball as a meteor brighter than magnitude -4, about the same as Venus.) Another term that is sometimes used is bolide, especially for fireballs that explode. However, this term is not formally defined, and should not be used when referring to fireballs. Adding to possible confusion, scientists who study impact structures use the term bolide for a meteoroid that forms a crater.

www.cloudbait.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
When i saw this object i lived in a small town north of Kristiansand norway. There is about 100 people living here. Its a town where every one know each other. If anyone else saw it, we would know.

But i was not the only one who saw it. My mother and father saw it too. And just today i talket to them about it. They remember it as it was yesterday. We have never spoke about it before til today. The thing i find that is wierd that we have never talked about it. In my case its kinda like a feeling that you dont want to talk about it. Like it "made" us not talk about it til now. But the more i talk and think about it the clearer it gets.

I am a big beliver of that we are not alone. And even at the time when this happend i was a beliver. But still it never crossed my mind about what i saw. Thats something i find very wierd.

And to the question about the distance: It was close. like 200-500 meters away. And it was clear as a bell. It was redish and looked like it had "veins" on it.

But like i said. The more i think of it, the clearer it gets! Thats whats really wierd now!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Anomalous aerial phenomena

There's not a great deal I can contibute here from personal experience.
However, I have a pdf source that could explain partially or fully what you may have experienced.

Aerial Phenomena

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Believe what you may ..... as I for one can not change your beliefs. When this occurred it looked as though it was right down the street ... horizontaly passing across the top of the lake. Sure it looked like it had "veins" in it like looking at a log buring red hot fire.
It filled the entire width and length of the windows outside my Grandmother's porch. That's how close it looked.

I'm done here.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing '88. I caught a red orb on my digcam two years ago and for reasons I cannot explain felt compelled to delete it before download. Your memory of events would seem to discount fireball.
Having seen personally four ufo events in the last 12 yrs (two seen by hundreds and in local news) I can attest that it takes a lot of guts to recount them. A smorgasborg of naysayers will come out of the woodwork will be right there to want bloodwork, pysche profiles, and vision tests. Or assure you they are chinese lanterns, swamp gas, or a bit of undigested potatos. The fact that your accounts are corroborated by your parents lends it authenticity.
Thank you again,
John

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
First i did not see this near any lake. Where were going swimming at a lake 30km away.

We saw this from out roof. There is only trees and 4-5 houses around the area. No water in the vicinity. The vein i am talking about: The object was red. And on the sides there was veins or tubes running on the sides. These had a white/Grey color. It started off with the red color, and went to a red/black color.. Then it went to a White/green color. It was flashing quite drastic. Kinda looked like it was spinning, and with every turn it flashed. And still it was doing "smile" like movement. Moving from the left down word to a right up word. Like a smile shape or a U. Like i said it was close. You could see it very clear. And i can tell you that it was no "swamp gass". This was a super top secret device or a UFO. Only if we could have taken a picture of it.
The device did not give off any sounds. But it gave you a feeling of fascination. A nice warm feeling. A good feeling.

And thanks everyone for helping with good answers. Keep them comming

Wdpk88

top topics

join