It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honor Killings.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I believe the teachings of jesus, they hit my heart. His words are my heart. I also did not grow up in this religion, but when he shown himselfto
me and he knew I knew it, I did not reject it but imbraced it.

You all can believe what you want, but searc your heart for a minute, and the true teachings are in everybodies heart, the basis of these teachings is love.

Ive said enough on this topic, you should unerstandwat im tryng to say i hope.

peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

You all can believe what you want, but searc your heart for a minute, and the true teachings are in everybodies heart, the basis of these teachings is love.

Well love is not the only thing that survives an entire human race. Every religion has thier own fundamental view on this " God force ", so for you to say Gods teaching narrows it down..........

I personaly love and Hate. Fore without hate, thier would be no Love.

Deep

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have to ask.

" for without hate there i no love "

With hate ess love is in the world. without hate love fills the globe.

But zero deep, what do you hate? I will not judge you, I would like to know if its no problem.

peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I hate that people like you who preach Love are sitting behind a computer and not behind the desk in the oval office.

Deep

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I hate that too, but if I was in the oval office, I would be murdered immediately for having actual care and love for people.

its probably because evil owns this world. meaning very rich people who consider me and you (lefovers)

peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Killing is okay as long as its the man of the family doing the killing.

did i say that??

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

did i say that??

Ape shall never kill Ape.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   

How can you moraly state this remark?

Deep

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

How can you moraly state this remark?

Deep

dont worry..it was a joke..a funny haha...

not funny you say?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
20-year-old Banaz Mahmod Babakir Agha's body was found in a suitcase in Birmingham, UK on Saturday. She is of Kurdish origin and went missing in January after she broke out of an arranged marriage.

Photo: Press Association

BBC: Murder team find body in suitcase (in english)

Aftenposten: Fant kvinnelik i koffert (in norwegian...)

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Disgusting.

I wasn't aware that the kurds were too into this sort of savagery and idiocy. Is it common in Turkey too I wonder? Perhaps they shouldnt' be allowed into the EU until they have really been able to show that they crack-down on this brutality and are really trying to stop it.

Heck, the EU members should probably take special care to find, prosecute, and execute/punish people that do this, in order to prevent this socio-cultural condition from becomming established with europe, with its large influx of middle eastern immigrants.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
One aspect of Islam that always escapes me is how Islam can regard Jesus and his teachings with the highest esteem and yet, consistently, ignore His teachings. Islam regards Jesus as prophet and that the teachings of Jesus are great lessons from Allah meant for mankind. Yet, the most basic aspects of the teachings of Jesus are generally ignored. I am bewildered by this.

As far as "honor" killings go....obviously, I condemn this archaic practice but I recognize this as a cultural practice that was born of ignorance and patriarchal control. For this practice to be, at long last stopped, it will require that Islam and Sharia Law to evolve. Unfortunately, I have not seen anything to allow me to conclude that Islam is able to do so. Islam, it seems, is destined to remain static -- forever rooted in a culture and society that no longer has a place in a world that is evolving socially, philosophically and technologically.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
One aspect of Islam that always escapes me is how Islam can regard Jesus and his teachings with the highest esteem and yet, consistently, ignore His teachings. Islam regards Jesus as prophet and that the teachings of Jesus are great lessons from Allah meant for mankind. Yet, the most basic aspects of the teachings of Jesus are generally ignored. I am bewildered by this.

Why are you bewildered? How many christians are actually pacifists who've abandoned their family and earthly ties in exchange for the 'narrow path' of christianity or emulation of christ?

Islam, it seems, is destined to remain static -- forever rooted in a culture and society that no longer has a place in a world that is evolving socially, philosophically and technologically.

Then you haven't looked at the religion in enough detail. Its actually a very malleable religion that can make use of a wide array of cultural, social, and technological innovations. Right now, the majority practice of islam in the world, and middle east especially, is pretty damned backwards, but then again, europe was burning witches alive and mirred in fanatical religious ideas for a few thousands years, but that didn't mean that christianity itself was holding them back.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Why are you bewildered? How many christians are actually pacifists who've abandoned their family and earthly ties in exchange for the 'narrow path' of christianity or emulation of christ?

actually a very malleable religion that can make use of a wide array of cultural, social, and technological innovations. Right now, the majority practice of islam in the world, and middle east especially, is pretty damned backwards, but then again, europe was burning witches alive and mirred in fanatical religious ideas for a few thousands years, but that didn't mean that christianity itself was holding them back.

Granted, many Christians have not followed the "narrow" path of Christianity or have followed the emulation of Christ but I am not referring to this. I am pointing out that although Islam regards Christ in the greatest of esteem, adherents to Islam seem to ignore the teachings -- phrophecy -- of Christ. Islam seems to make every effort to adhere to the word of Mohammed in the Koran but the "prophetic word" of Christ is all but ignored. I find this aspect bewildering.

As far as Islam being a "very malleable" religion, you have address my own statement by saying that it (Islam) "is pretty damned backwards". Why?

Yes Christians were similarly backward during long eras of witch persecutions and the heretical trials of the Inquisition but Christianity has evolved from those dark times. Islam appears to be still entrenched in the the quagmire of ignorance. yes, there are great Islamic scholars but their enlightened views do not seem to reach the common Muslim.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The crime for Adultery in Islam is 20 lashes for the man, or the option of beheading the woman in order for the man to get off scott-free.

The text for killing in the name of Islam is, "Allah will forgive".

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't buy the statement that (insert your preferred religion here) is not a religion of terror. All western mono-theistic religions use the fear of a "hell" in the afterlife. Nothing like using the fear of the unknown to push people into a religion. It is the same thing as the current administration pushing the "War on Terror".
Killing isn't truly a sin, murder is a sin. Killing had to be done at the time that the stories of those holy books were written. Look at the feudal era of Japan, if there was no Zen Buddhism it would have been pretty hard to have a warrior caste.
Honor killings have no place in modern society. Plain and simple. I don't care if it isn't my culture or not. For a person to sit back and just brush it off as "not my problem" is a pretty pathetic attempt at being considerate of some one else's values.
No one can change the past. Get over it. The intelligent people in America know that the attrocities committed against the Native Americans was total dog sh@t.
Slavery, some people act as if the Europeans were the only people to practice it. There is nothing realisticly that we can do to change that. People can change the fact that barbaric practices are committed in the present though. For example my great-great-great-grandfather was a slave owner prior to emancipation. The former slaves still worked for him after the fact. So upon his death all of his land was divided up amongst the former slaves along with the money he had, all but a little to allow his wife to live the rest of her life. He didn't leave his children a penny believing that they needed to earn their own way. It was the former slaves that worked the land so therefor it was theirs to do with as they would. I am pretty sure that quite a few of the other white folk around didn't take to kindly to this idea, but he did what he thought was right and to the best of his ability.
The concept of well they did this in the past so... Doesn't hold any water. Are we to mistrust and denounce all Germans for the rest of eternity because of the Holocaust? Give all of us a break.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Originally posted by Nygdan

actually a very malleable religion that can make use of a wide array of cultural, social, and technological innovations. Right now, the majority practice of islam in the world, and middle east especially, is pretty damned backwards, but then again, europe was burning witches alive and mirred in fanatical religious ideas for a few thousands years, but that didn't mean that christianity itself was holding them back.

Granted, many Christians have not followed the "narrow" path of Christianity or have followed the emulation of Christ but I am not referring to this. I am pointing out that although Islam regards Christ in the greatest of esteem, adherents to Islam seem to ignore the teachings -- phrophecy -- of Christ. Islam seems to make every effort to adhere to the word of Mohammed in the Koran but the "prophetic word" of Christ is all but ignored. I find this aspect bewildering.

Bascially, islam views christ as an important prophet, and christians as people who've been deceived by the devil about all his important aspects, tricked into thinking that he was some 'incarnation' of god, and that someone so favoured by god as to be a prophet would be allowed to be beaten, humiliated, and brutally murdered.

So you can't look at the bible and say that there are things that muslims don't do, yet they revere jesus. You need to look at the koran and see what it is that jesus says that they ignore or accept. Because the biblicl jesus isn't the 'real' jesus, for muslims, he's a creation of the devil, or of idiotic gospel compilers.

As far as Islam being a "very malleable" religion, you have address my own statement by saying that it (Islam) "is pretty damned backwards". Why?
THe middle east is living in something like the dark ages right now. The religion exists outside of this. Just as christianity wasn't a backwards and brutal theology during the dark ages in europe.

Yes Christians were similarly backward during long eras of witch persecutions and the heretical trials of the Inquisition but Christianity has evolved from those dark times.

?
How? Christianity is based on the bible, the bible is basically the same thing as back then. The core beleif, that jesus was tortured, crucified, died and was buried, and then rose again, hasn't changed.

Christianity didn't change to end the dark ages, the culture changed, people became more independant and got back into contact with classical rationalistic texts, and this spurred the rennaisance, enlightenment, and age of reason. Similarly, if/when change occurs in the middle east, its not going to be because they're reworked the koran or something, its going to be because the culture itself has changed.

yes, there are great Islamic scholars but their enlightened views do not seem to reach the common Muslim.

Then its not Islam that is backwards and barbaric, its the common muslim. Just as christianity wasn't a religion of thugs, it was just the europeans that were savage idiots at the time.

The crime for Adultery in Islam is 20 lashes for the man, or the option of beheading the woman in order for the man to get off scott-free.

Where does it state this? The penalty for not being a christian in christianity is execution, 'suffer not a witch to live'. Does that mean that all christians go about killing withces? Or does that mean that some people will use the text to justfy killing people who are witches? Did christianity kill withces in the past, or did people do it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join