It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists inscribe entire Bible on head of a pin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Scientists inscribe entire Bible on head of a pin

www.msnbc.msn.com

JERUSALEM - Israeli scientists have inscribed the entire Hebrew text of the Jewish Bible onto a space less than half the size of a grain of sugar.

Haifa's Technion University official Ohad Zohar stated, "the technology will in the future be used as a way to store vast amounts of data on bio-molecules and DNA."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well how bout this for small wonders. The Israelis have used nano technology to inscribe the entire text of the Hebrew Bible on to a silicon chip. 300,000 words were placed on the chip in about an hour’s time. Particle beam technology WOW right? I don’t know much at all about this stuff but couldn’t this be used to advance cloning and DNA manipulation? Exciting news for the advancement of nano technology, but yet scary at the same time. Shouldnt the world create a way to try and regulate these types of new very advanced technologies as a way to control how they will be used? Nuke technology is for the most part controlled so it is not impossible right? I understand it would be very hard to do this but wow.

Any thoughts on this amazing accomplishment?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by geemony

Well I don't know what to think of this. The only thing that I understand that I see it being used for is creating I C micro chips. And I don't know if that will happen because of existing techniques.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the prophecy. Sorry for the one line post, but I will leave it at that. Those who understand will understand what it means.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by geemony

Well I don't know what to think of this. The only thing that I understand that I see it being used for is creating I C micro chips. And I don't know if that will happen because of existing techniques.

So you dont see this as a way to furthur cloning technology and DNA manipulation. Seems to me when you can transfer this amount of information at this level then strange things can happen right. Wouldnt this have wide sweeping ramifications for the computer chip industry? I dont know like I said, Does anyone know of nano tech, and advanced charged particle sciences? This to me is very interesting and a huge advancement for this research right?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by geemony

I really don't know any thing about nano tech. All I have heard or read about it is that is uses enzymes to modify what ever it is they are modifying.
The proses sounds similar to making ICs that is what I said that.
So I don't know where this might end up. Was hoping some one closer to the industry could explain who the most likely customers are of the Tech and what they plan to do with it.

new topics

top topics

join