It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show us your INK!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Some of you guys have more ink than skin. You're all such rebels.
I'd show you mine, but it's so minor compared to the ones you have.

Here's the initial sketch in comparison to the result. I thought it turned out nicely.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I thought it turned out nicely.

i do too.
did you sketch it up yourself?

i have drawn several of mine. i drew the flower my wife has on her foot too.
i lie having stuff that nobody else has.....

my favs though are my knucks

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Very tasteful graphics. Does the design have any significance for you.

Now that you have broken the ice, what's next?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well...first of all I have to give props to Boondock for being a walking work of art. I feel kind of silly with my ONE tatto now, but I had to start somewhere I guess (and as I get addicted to things easy, I think I am on a roll.....the wife isn't thrilled about it, but that's okay. She has one and a belly-button piercing, so I think she will have to deal with my new hobby).

I am designing two tattos now whaaa. One that commemorates Steve Prefontaine/Olympics/and the Olympic slogan "Citius, Altius, Fortius" which means: Faster, Higher, Stronger. Per Bill Bowerman, it doesn't mean faster, higher and stronger than anyone else. It just means "Faster, Higher, Stronger." This will go on the right upper arm.

The second will be an homage to my brother and father who are both deceased and shared the same name, one a Sr. and one a Jr. I am not sure exactly what this one is going to look like yet, but I think it will go on my left shoulder blade??

OKay peoples.....LET'S SEE MORE INK!!

Edit to add: Sorry whaaa.....I forgot about your question about the source/meaning of my new tattoo. No real meaning. I was going to go tribal, but found everything a bit unexciting, so I designed this along with the tattoo artist to be more of a tribal/mechanical? style design. It was based on a tribal tattoo I found online.....

It ended up being bigger than I had planned. I hadn't planned on having it on my shoulder....but I like how it came out!!

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
did you sketch it up yourself?

I did an initial drawing, but the tattoo artist did the one pictured. Initially I hadn't added that much interior detail. He took my idea and ran with it. He even added cracks in on-the-fly.

Originally posted by Boondock78
my favs though are my knucks

I have to admit, those are pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

I have to admit, those are pretty cool.

it hurt like, well
a mofo....

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Man....I do have an addictive personality. I got my first tattoo on December 31st and just went and expanded that one today and got another tattoo on my other upper arm (my own design...came out pretty cool)

3 hours worth of work today. I will post a pic tomorrow....

There must be more people on here with tattoos......not very many posted on here so far...

Show us your ink already!!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Here are mine, on the back of my neck

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This was my first tatt. If I had the money I'd probobly be covered in em .

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Thats my fav tat, i have 2 others , a cross on my right forearm and a double cresent on my left forearm

My grey is on my calf btw

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Disgustipated]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Finally, here's my latest. Sorry it's a bit blurry!

Combination created by me and my tattoo guy!! And....in the photo, the runner's upper right leg looks too skinny and weird, but in reality it looks just fine (just checked in the mirror). Kind of weird how it got distorted??

Peace y'all!!

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated

Thats my fav tat, i have 2 others , a cross on my right forearm and a double cresent on my left forearm

My grey is on my calf btw

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Disgustipated]

^^^^^^Now thats a Real Conspiracy Theorist Right there!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just got my first on Sunday.

I can't wait to get more!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan

I can't wait to get more!

i am a firm believer in you can never have too many tattoos. they are addictive as hell.
i got my first one when i was 13 and here i am about to turn 30 next month and i have 61 and i am still not done...
i have full sleeves but i want to get some on my back and since i got my kneecaps done i want something down the front of my shin.

what do you have thought up for some more?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
hey duckster
i answered some of your questions in the other thread....don't feel like typing them out again

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

I was thinking about sticking with tribal for now. Perhaps one kind of on my shoulder/down my right arm. I don't really have any specific designs picked out yet. I do have another idea for one on my back, but I can't draw and I'm too lazy to have a tattoo artist do one for me!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

the killer thing about tribal pieces is you can add on or continue them rather easily.....got an extra c-note laying around and you can go in and get some work done and it will still look like 1 piece...

you gonna sleeve up?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

For now, I only want to my elbow. I can't really have sleeves because then I'd have to wear long sleeves at work. It's a military thing. That's also why I'm thinking of sticking to tribal. Nobody should find it offensive.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

hey man...half sleeves to the elbow and then wrap it around to the shoulder and back....plenty of skin man...plenty of canvas

<< 1    3 >>

join