It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE while awake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This happens maybe 2 or 5 times a year. I'll be walking or doing whatever somewhere in public, and I get this strange OBE out of nowhere.

Let's say that I'm at a mall, and I'll be walking, and all of a sudden, it happens! I feel like I'm just a tad bit out side of my body. Like I'm not really there. It will last for like a minute at the most. I feel weightless and very calm.

I remember it happening as a kid too. I would be playing outside and I would feel this numbness like I wasn't even there.

I feel like when I have the OBE at night while having sleep paralysis.

What could this be?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hi Venusian12

I can relate (a little I think) to what you experience. I have OBE's rather frequently.

During my daily activities, I experience something similar when I consciously focus on being in the 'present moment'. However, instead of being grounded in the physical, I feel quite disconnected from it, yet, I am still able to observe my surroundings and think mentally.

It is a very strange feeling indeed. I have been studying for many years on human energy systems and astral travel and believe that what is happening during this experience is that we are becoming more connected with our 'spirit/soul/higher self' and for those minutes, we are semi-detached from our physical bodies.

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth. Will be interesting to see what others think.

Kindest regards,

Dobbie

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Venusian12

hey there.

i dont think theres anything wrong with that.
I sometimes feel like I'm about to have an OBE, and as soon as i realize it i tend to "jump back in".

I think the exploration to control this phenomena might help.

I still havent mastered it. I've only AP'ed once, and almost done it another time, though like i said, there are many times i feel like im outside of my body, like im just about to drift off.

join