It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people in America make me ashamed to be human...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ok I am tech support for a Satellite Radio company...and the amount of RETARDS that I have to speak to everyday just make me think "My god...what have I done to deserve to live in a world of such stupidity"?

Come on people...It isn't that hard. You OPEN the box...read the instructions and THEN call me to get help on confusing things....But, Instead you buy the radio then call me and want me to walk you through how to OPEN the box and how to plug it into the Cig adapter in your car.

And then you have the people that say "can my cars antenna pick up the satelite signal"? NO IT CAN'T! Otherwise the damn radio that you bought at walmart wouldn't COME with an antenna!

Too bad I can't actually say this stuff on the phone...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
customer service sucks. Get a new job.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Are you an American? Every time I call tech support I get some guy that can barely speak English. I usually get so frustrated I just give up and get help from a friend.

Do you get paid for the job you do? I'm fairly sure you know the products you are giving support for so give us idiots a break. That's what you are there for. We don't know your product or we would not be calling you.

But I do agree with you that there are some really dumb folks around. Be glad you are not as dumb as the people that call you for help.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by deadangel23

At least you don't see your customers face to face. I once worked for a cable company. Not only did we handle customer service calls of all types including phone fixes, but we also had to take payments from walk in customers.

I can't tell you how many times I would be out mowing my lawn or playing with my kids and a customer (either neighbor or somebody driving by) would have the nerve to ask me to come over and look at their cable because they had a fuzzy picture. 9 times out of 10 they didn't have the television on channel 3!

It got to the point where I was afraid to be outside in my own yard!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Dont get me wrong. I have no problem with people calling me who have READ the instructions and have tried everything they can understand and still can't get it. Have no problem with helping those people out.

It is the people who call me and say "I haven't opened it yet. Could you walk me through it? (Because I am too stupid to read Elementary level step by step instructions)

THEN they have the nerve to get impatient with ME because they don't want to go through each step to make it work right.

My beef is with the people that shouldn't have been born in the 20th century. The people who need to be living in the Amish community.

In response to Dizziedame. Yes I am in America. Dallas, Texas AND I'm white.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by deadangel23]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hi deadangel23, you know its ok to be frustrated at some people... however it is your job to assist them (i do concur with you regarding the people who haven't opened the package yet and would like you to do it for them). The thing is customer service sucks :bash: just like what hikix said. Be patient and once you see an opportunity to get another job then go and take it!
Can I ask you a question? Are you hunting for another job at the moment? I ask because it might be good for you to look in for another career path, perhaps this isn’t for you.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by codex code]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I feel your pain. I used to be in Sears credit customer service.

There was this one "lady" that would call every month at the full moon without fail, with the same problem. She'd say she had bought something, then taken it back, and the credit hadn't shown up on her bill.

She would be told every time that credits take time to clear, and she'd taken the thing back too close to the monthly billing date for it to appear on the current bill. She'd argue and call names and act like an idiot for at least 15 minutes, invariably needing to talk to the supervisor, who would tell her what whichever one of us had just told her, and she'd finally get the idea and go away.

But next month, without fail, she'd call back with the same problem. She was supposedly a doctor! You'd think she'd be smart, yes?

I am so glad I don't do customer service anymore. I don't like working with angry and stupid members of the public.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Without fail every full moon? Wow... what they say about Lunatics must be true. I chalk it up to fungal spores.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Fungal spores.

I don't know what it was, and why the full moon. Maybe it was too much light at night and the nutter couldn't get any sleep.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yes, I am searching for a new Job at the moment. Looking for something else in customer service or Printing since that is where my experience is. Never going back to a restaurant....

maybe I will ride it out just long enough to get some IT certificates and get a REAL job. Until then, I will continue to be frustrated and bitch about stupid people to my Fiancee...lol

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

i find American tec support more helpfull the UK tec support
one thing the Americans Call me when i ask them on the online support chat
costing me nothing and they are quiet pleasent to speak to

on the other side when i call most UK support
it costs me a fortune and the people can be so rude sometimes

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

That's what makes you ashamed to be human? I think you got some anger issues, or maybe you are jealous cause you're not from America.

edit: never mind you are American. what's your problem?

[edit on 29-12-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
thehumble one, Yes I have anger issues. Lots of them. I never take the anger out on the customer of course. And yes, I am white. My problem is this: In 2007 ALMOST 2008, we live in one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. You would think that the majority of the people in this country would be a little smarter than say....a frog. But they are not!

My problem is that everyone in this country is literate in some language. Reading, writing etc... Yet very few of them ACTUALLY understand anything. Whether you speak to them in english, german, french, spanish. It's like, people who live in America whether born or immigrated, have nothing up in their heads except a mixture of Various "Stupid" Juices.

These people call me saying crap like "I never agreed to pay for this service when i willingly gave you my credit card number".....Good god people...

Oh and bodrul...American tech support is probably nicer because if you DONT take the Verbal abuse and insults from the ***holes of this country...you will lose your Job.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by deadangel23]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

i work at store part time and take verbal abuse directly
and thats from people who dont get what they want because its not in stock so its autmaticaly our fault .

top topics

join