It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in Thought Pursuit -- Congress about to Pass Thought Crime Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Police in Thought Pursuit -- Congress about to Pass Thought Crime Bill

washingtontimes.com

Congress is perched to enact the "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 20007 (Act)," probably the greatest assault on free speech and association in the United States since the 1938 creation of the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC).

The Act inflates the danger of homegrown terrorism manifold to justify creating a marquee National Commission on the Prevention of Violent Radicalization and Ideologically Based Violence (Commission) in the legislative branch
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Since September 11, 2001, no American has died from homegrown terrorism, while about 120,000 have been murdered.

The Act aims to identify and stigmatize persons and groups who hold thoughts the government decrees correlate with homegrown terrorism, for example, opposition to the Patriot Act or the suspension of the Great Writ of habeas corpus.

This is a direct move to eliminate all dissent!

washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The ideological persecutions invited by the Act will do more to create than to deter homegrown terrorism.

That's what I said. And I'm pretty sure that's the point.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well we knew it was coming. I never thought that I would be considered a terrorist but I guess maybe I am. Check out my post "could you be considered a terrorist?" I guess i will see you in the camps.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
All i can say is "Oh Canada" I love this country. I recomend all americans defect and come to Canada, but you gun lovers stay south lol..

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Bring it.
Let the puppetmaster cut the final string holding the marionettes.
Sounds naive, no?
Ah well, 35 years young will do that to you I guess.
Big bullies on the play ground. Funny, they always seem to foget that there a many more of us then there are of them. And people do not turn a blind eye forever. Too long, yes, but not forever. So when those that people on here like to call sheeple or other things do wake up, they to, will be at our side, fighting the good fight.
Knowing the government, they will most likely bring a knife to a gun fight.

Dear Congress,

Why, you're no daisy! You're no daisy at all...

I'll take my liberty please. Or death.

I guess I really have nothing to add to the thread.

I feel like Burgess Meredith at the end of the Twilight Zone and my glasses just broke and now I can't read. I feel screwed.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Without the guns you won't be able to defend yourself from corrupt government.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaxzCanada is a lovely place but you cannot run and hide forever. Sometimes you must stand your ground and fight. See you in the "reeducation"camp.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Wow. So when they have another home invasion in Canada, yes they do have the same crimes in your country as well, how does one defend their home, with a fork? One of the places a person should never have to retreat from, is their home. If that makes me a gun lover then I will wear my badge with honor.

[edit on 12/27/2007 by bobafett1972]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The final straw.

Thought crime is a great excuse to research, purchase or pursue 'mind-reading' technolgoies.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If this bill passes it could shut down ATS. People could go to prison on 'sedition' charges.

[edit on 12/27/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Can anyone say Minority Report! Well I guess were not in Kansas anymore Toto. In the past several years I have see so many changes that I said could never occur in the US, nothing surprises me anymore.

It will be another sad day for freedom as they go to govern our thoughts. In the words of Pontus Pilot "what is truth?" I guess very soon what ever "they" want us to think and say. We won't even have the right to think about possible conspiracies without getting in trouble.

top topics

join