It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with a symbol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I need help researching the meaning of a symbol. It's something that I made up as a kid and used to draw it on everything. I grew up kinda rough and eventually starting tagging buildings and such with this sign. It was an angry young kids way of saying screw you back to the world. Here's where it gets a bit weird. My mother was heavily involved with the occult at the time this design came into my head and my father was in prison for shooting His mistresses husband. I was seeeing strange things back then but only remember shades of what have become long distant memories. Before this becomes a very long story I'll just fast forward a bit. I grew up, went through some crazy times but evetually gave my life To Christ and left the past behind. I started a business, got married, active in local politics and church, had kids.. and the past was so far in the rear view mirror I don't remember much and rarely look back. I'm 43 now so this was all obviosly along time ago. Anyhow, I was watching a show on the history channel about secret societys and in one of the scenes, the camera pans across an old masonic graveyard in europe somewhere and I dropped my jaw. On one of the tombstones was etched the exact symbol that I used to use. It wasn't close or kinda sorta like it, it was exact...to the "t" Coincidence? I don't know but it gave me chills as I had thought this was something I had designed myself and certainly didn't know it had enough meaning for someone to etch on their tombstone. If you have any knowledge of this sign I would be apprieciative. I have searched symbols.com and through various masonic sites and came close but no cigar. I really would like to find it and it's meaning exactly as drawn below. Thanks in advance to any help anyone can provide.

Sweeper

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I think it looks like a sight used on rifles and such, Maybe it relates to that?

here is a sight:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Ok so there is this
Symbol
Here there are more
SYMBOLS and their Meaning
Here
Duke
Here
Zodiac

Here