It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIMANAS - Ancient Hindu Flying Vehicles ans Weapons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Excellent information www.hinduwisdom.info...

In the Vedic literature of India, there are many descriptions of flying machines that are generally called Vimanas. India's national epic, The Mahabharata, is a poem of vast length and complexity. According to Dr. Vyacheslav Zaitsev: "the holy Indian Sages, the Ramayana for one, tell of "Two storied celestial chariots with many windows" "They roar like off into the sky until they appear like comets." The Mahabharata and various Sanskrit books describe at length these chariots, "powered by winged lighting...it was a ship that soared into the air, flying to both the solar and stellar regions."
[ats]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7730/stupa3ns3.jpg[ats]
There is a just a mass of fascinating information about flying machines, even fantastic science fiction weapons, that can be found in translations of the Vedas (scriptures), Indian epics, and other ancient Sanskrit text.

There are no physical remains of ancient Indian aircraft technology but references to ancient flying machines are commonplace in the ancient Indian texts. Several popular ancient epics describe their use in warfare. Depending on one's point of view, either it contains some of the earliest known science fiction, or it records conflict between beings with weapons as powerful and advanced as anything used today.

Above all we need to remember: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by IvanZana]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have read the Indian vedas and seen the references you talk about. I for one believe that a multi-disciplinary approach is needed when looking at these texts since archaelogists are famous for looking at their own feet and nowhere else. The ancients fascinations with astronomy and their aptitude with advanced mathematics is surely strange enough without references to flying ships and nukes.
That being said the picture you have posted proves nothing since those symbols are mostly abstract and many of them have been re carved and eroded by the years to appear other then what they are. The most compelling evidence of ancient technology are the mythical accounts that have been handed down as well as the megalithic structures built.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The Egyptian heiroglyph picture hasnt got anything to do with the article (plus its been debunked).

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalamander

"In the Mahabharata (writings), there is notion of divine lighting and ray weapons, even a kind of hypnotic weapon. And in the Ramayana (writings), there is a description of Vimanas, or flying machines, that navigated at great heights with the aid of quicksilver and a great propulsive wind. "These were space vehicles similar to the so-called flying saucers reported throughout the world today.

The Ramayana even describes a beautiful chariot which 'arrived shining, a wonderful divine car that sped through the air'. In another passage, there is mention of a chariot being seen 'sailing overhead like a moon.' "The references in the Mahabharata are no less astounding

We seem to want to cling on to the notion that we are as technological as the human race has ever been, but history proves otherwise.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

"History" is the commonly agreed upon past. This is not part of that. Other than the text, there is little "history" to it. At least I havent seen anyone put up anything more interesting as evidence of this when the argument has come up the umptieleven times before.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It's the strange amount of detail that bothers me.

Flying chariots aren't a new concept, but ones that use mercury-powered engines (just like the NASA Deep Space explorer - google it!), turn invisible and have guided missiles are a bit too close to the mark, are they not? Is it coincidence that all of these concepts have been replicated by modern technology?

I read somewhere (though the location escapes me now), that the ancient Hindu's have words for: engine, 1 millionth of a second to 311 trillion years (and various numbers in between).

Why would they have these words? When your biggest concern is whether your truffle harvest is going to be eaten by swine, why do you invent a word that represents a microscopic integer of time?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

As a note, much of the "Vimana" information comes from CHANNELED material from 1910-30s or around there, I cant remember the exact date. It still predates modern stuff, but for example the term "engine" was obviously well known.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Seems thread has not been taken seriously and once again I am trying to hammer.

This is correct that MAHABHARTA has mention of VIMANA and it's use in war and there are many types and shapes of it.
We Indians have not spent a little penny on any research and seems others have done. What shocks me is we do not have any proof of that era.
How is this possible ? We have proof of missions of years of existence but we do not have anything to prove that VEDIC people were too much advance in technology.
Out of body experience is just another thing besides telepathy which needs to be looked into. We have every possible remains of that era in shape of books, material and even some constructions....but we do not have proof of that technology. This is somewhat shocking....

There is no doubt that ancient Indian civilization was too mature than we are today and life used to exist in different form because we read RAMAYANA and MAHABHARTA as history books- we get shocked. Even if we claim that it is all imgaination....and never happened in real...still big question is...

HOW COME THEY HAD SUCH A ACCURATE IMAGINATION ?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
The Egyptian heiroglyph picture hasnt got anything to do with the article (plus its been debunked).

that Egyptian Hieroglyph is Real, and you cannot "debunk it"

its up to interpretation 100%

what it is or means - its an Opinion

[edit on 7-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It's just an old hiroglyph that's been recarved.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3d880792ac7aeaeb.jpg[/atsimg]

They filled the old carving with plaster and now after thousands of years the plaster has fallen out and you can see both carvings. No conspiracy, except the way it's been shopped around the internet.

edit: Here's a better view where you can see the different layers of carving.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/de0fca930113d6f0.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6/7/2009 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
For the people that want to read an example of vimanas in ancient vedic literature themselves check this link:

vedabase.net... The Battle Between Śālva and the Vṛṣṇis

vedabase.net... Lord Kṛṣṇa Slays the Demon Śālva

Interesting about the first one is when the holy narator speaks of the wish of Salva:

Śālva chose a vehicle that could be destroyed by neither demigods, demons, humans, Gandharvas, Uragas nor Rākṣasas, that could travel anywhere he wished to go, and that would terrify the Vṛṣṇis.

To note the 6 races Salva knows that where powerfull enough to destroy a advanced Vimana.
Also to note: "that could travel anywhere he wished to go" In the original it means (Kamagam by mindcontrol) he could move that craft by mindcontrol.

Maya Denava could have a post for himself then he is an celestial ingenier who resides in the planet Talatala as decribed by the Vedas. Is also the one that constructed once the three inpenetrable flying citys known as Tripura. A very interesting person indeed.

edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This subject has interested me for a while and it is what originally led me to ATS. It is a bit too accurate how Hindu texts describe affects of some of the weapons-- sounding exactly like nuclear weapons and radiation poisoning. It can't ALL be coincidence in my opinion. The odds seem far too great for the many descriptions of the vimanas and their weapons to just be a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Yes for me this topic was also the begining of a lot of fantastic information and did also contribute for me being in this forum.

There is no evidence of vimana like machine parts and so on. For our luck we still have the narations.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hindblogger

Drugs?

If as an ancient people your so obsessd with the stars, as much of them were, its not going to take very much imagination to conceive the idea of something that may be able to travel the stars, much like you would the ocean. ESPECIALY when all you do is sit around and get completely hammerd on mind bendering hallucinogens.

Im just sorry to say, such outlandish claims require some sort of proof, there are plenty of people with money out there to fund archeological digs in order to find ancient fusion reactors, ancient skyscrapers and mega structures that would have reached over a mile into the atmosphere. YET NONE OF THAT EXISTS, thats certainly odd isnt it. Wonder why there is NO EVIDENCE for ancient advanced technology.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by hindblogger

Im just sorry to say, such outlandish claims require some sort of proof, there are plenty of people with money out there to fund archeological digs in order to find ancient fusion reactors, ancient skyscrapers and mega structures that would have reached over a mile into the atmosphere. YET NONE OF THAT EXISTS, thats certainly odd isnt it. Wonder why there is NO EVIDENCE for ancient advanced technology.

Actually, since the timeframe of the story takes place millions of years ago, I think it'd be safe to say that it would be more than plausible that we could mistake some of the remenant cities to be... oh, I don't know, a large hill covered with trees? How long do you think an unattended skyscraper will last? or some stainless steel sheet metal??

After millions of years, there could even have been an extreme pole shift... These ancient civilizations could ACTUALLY just be at the bottom of the ocean, and we'd really be none the wiser.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Terrible things flying in the sky from another planet cause the objects did come from
another planet or part of one that was falling apart in our skies.
India has their version.
China has fire breathing dragons in the sky.
www.google.com...

“The terrible ones” of the Vedas were not common storm clouds, ... The name “Mars” is derived from the Indian “Marut”; Maruts, “the terrible ones,” are “the ...

It all happened at the Exodus as determined by Velikovsky.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Have any of you actually read the Vaimanika Shastra, I mean all of it cover to cover? I have and can tell you it says absolutely nothing about mercury vortex engines in reality.

That’s the reason I read it because I am an Engineer and wanted to see if I could extract any useful technical information out of it.

It is absolute dribble and probably the most boring book I have ever read. Actually many Engineers have done the same thing and they ALL came to the same conclusion, even the Indian ones!

The book is pure Gibberish of the highest level as though it was written by a crazy person.

This doesn’t mean that I don’t believe the ancients could manipulate gravity, I know they (or someone else) must have been able to because of the HUGE stone structures they built.

top topics

join