It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyperdrive in the horizon??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hey, found this on hyperdrive and dont know what to make of it. I have a tried to make sense of the teories in the article but my knowledge of physics is not that advanced. But since the guy won a lot of money to keep researching i would think it could be the real deal. Could anyone whith a deeper understanding of psysics try to help me understand this and decide whether to put my faith in this or not.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hello
Oh Yes
The science is very real and is based on sacred knowledge that has been
kept hidden for thousands of years.
if you are basically new to these types of concepts then you sure have
an Adventure ahead of you if you wish to know more.
my thread although at first may not seem related will help
explain just what this new/old science really is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

then you too will see that

-Music is Magic
-Bobby

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Lets hope not.

If Earth didnt have a good enough reason to be contained or disarmed prior, we'll have one as soon as a device like that is built. It will be like a bright beacon to Moths, except the Moths are all Type II Civs who dont want humanity trashing and blowing up the galaxy.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
sure everythings on the horizon if you look far enough. But its not in OUR lifetime just get used to that idea, settle back with a dvd and warch sarttrek!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hehe i hate startrek, but thanks for the help anyway. Hope someone can research this subject more.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This all sounds a lot like the UFO craft stuff…..rotating rings…..(spinning UFO craft)

John Lear talks about government / alien tech that can travel to Mars in just a few hours…the physics involved are so complex, as said from the article that most physicists don’t understand it…..as it doesn’t deal with modern physics….possibly something way beyond our time……

And so is it possible that this tech has been known by the government for a long time…possibly the 50’s….and just now for what ever reason…..it’s been put into the public eye for analysis….

Though this science stuff is still theory…..I suspect it will be slandered physics in a decade or two….I hope …

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Did some math.

NOTE: EVERYTHING is averaged/estimated/rounded.
ALL numbers are based on the information provided in that newspaper and not based on any scientific data. Likely when the engine is built; numbers will change and we will have all new calculations. These are just mathematical estimates.

If, based on that news, a round trip to mars is 5 hours, then one way is 2 hours and 30 minutes. In short: One AU is 5 hours one way, 10 hours round trip. From now on, we will discuss the calculations in one-way trips. Equation used is provided at end of post for anyone to check (note: does not work with Mars or anything closer than 1 AU)

Solar Chart (Averaged Distances)
Earth-Mars ................... 2.5 Hours
Earth-Jupiter ................ 20 Hours
Earth-Saturn ................ 1 Day 16 Hours
Earth-Uranus ................ 10 Days 8 Hours
Earth-Neptune .............. 16 Days 5 Hours
Earth-Pluto ................... No real point in this... Pluto varies way to much.

Stellar
1 light year = 63 239.6717 Astronomical Units
1 Astronomical Unit = 5 Hours one way travel with this engine.

Thus: 1 Light Year = 316197.5 Hours one way travel (632395 round trip)
Thus: 1 Light Year = 36.19 Years

Stellar Chart (One Way Trips)
Alpha Proxima: 4.2 LY = 152 Years
Sirius A&B: 8.6 LY = 311.234 Years
The Habitable System with a possible Earth-Like...
Gliese 581: 20.4 LY = 738.276 Years away...one way trip...

NO this system ONLY makes Our Solar System more explorable. Not putting us into the Stars... not making us a real threat to ET.

IF we could go one light year an hour, then 1 AU would take roughly 1 second. Give or take .5

This is a Sub-light drive system, not a true hyper-drive or warp-drive.

Equation: Y= Object Distance from Sun, Z= Answer (time from Earth)
1AU = Earth Distance from Sun,
Y - 1AU x 5 = z
Example:
5AU - 1AU x 5 =
^Jup ^Earth ^Time
4 x 5 =
^Jupiter-Earth Distance (Averaged)
Answer = 20 Hours

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Please tell me what site you got this infomation from about the new drive system,i am in college and intend to major in theroritical astrophysics,so i have a understanding,thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I found the information on the site that my first post links to. So if you need more information on the subject you have to find more info by yourself :-)

top topics

join