It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we get real about Ron Paul?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
As I said in the beggining Ron Paul for all his money, for all his appeal in some corners, he just cant win..... basically a no show as far voting is concern in Iowa, he even lost to McCain.... McCain that for all accounts did little to no campaingning in the state.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Here in Massachusetts they built the Mass Turnpike starting in the 1950's. 'They' said they'd collect tolls just long enough to cover the cost of construction. The actual cost was covered years ago. But we still have tolls and they just went up again. Now to cover the $12B cost over-runs of the Big Dig (thanks Mitt. Good job dude).

I found the reference to Romney in your quote to be quite humorous even if it is factually incorrect. This may help you a little.

The project was conceived in the 1970s by the Boston Transportation Planning Review to replace the rusting elevated six-lane Central Artery. The expressway separated downtown from the waterfront, and was increasingly choked with bumper-to-bumper traffic. Business leaders were more concerned about access to Logan Airport, and pushed instead for a third harbor tunnel. In their second terms as governor and secretary of transportation, respectively, Michael Dukakis and Fred Salvucci, came up with the strategy of tying the two projects together—thereby combining the project that the business community supported with the project that they and the City of Boston supported.[

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Now back to the good Doctor. First off, why do many of his supporters insist on addressing or referring to him as Dr. Paul? Is this some sort of strategy to boost his credibility? Former Senate majority leader Bill Frist was a medical doctor. I don't recall him being referred to as Dr. Frist very often.

I guess when you have a dog with no fight left in him, you have to make every effort to make him viable.

Becker

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I can tell you why I call him Doctor.

I don't know him well enough to call him Ron.
If I call him Paul, it sounds like a first name.
I usually refer to him as Ron Paul, but for short I call him by his title, he's not a Mister, he's a Doctor.
So, i call him Dr. Paul sometimes.
Plus, it's a sign of respect.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Ok Spaced I hear ya. However.......................

It just seems too strategic to me. I mean he's a Congressman. Why are his supporters unwilling to refer to him as Rep. Paul, Congressman Paul?

I mean we have: Senator Obama, Senator Clinton, Senator Biden, Representative Kusinich et al.

I just get a little confused.

Maybe we could go with:
Saved the Olympics Romney
Average at Best Actor Thompson
3rd Husband Giuliani
POW McCain

You see where I'm going with this.

Becker

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Oh, OK, I get it now. Romney's predecessors screwed-up the Olympics and he came in and fixed it so we get to hear about that accomplishment day-after-day as one reason why he should be president. Yet, the same was true of the Big Dig (he was in office while the whole thing was spiralling out-of-control) yet little was done. I lived through it. Every day. Romney is a phony. It amazes me beyond words that people can't see that.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I agree, I mean I have listened to the man and come away thinking he really does not have a grasp on the office or the issues facing us as a country and people. I feel the same way about Barack Obama, I don't get ho he preaches change yet opposes impeaching the president. In my mind if you oppose impeachment, you oppose change. Nancy Pelosi isa as much a traitor as George Bush, maybe because she lies. She preaches change yet does everything she can to keep the status quo intact. I wish us all luck

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

NO ONE will be picking up the tab on our tax cuts! That's the great part! Instead, we will have an extra Trillion dollars a year in the federal budget after pulling out of Iraq!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MiKeB420

Welcome to ATS! As I think you are a new member.

I share your same concerns, the only thing is that I don't think you can go resolved all the problems that this country has with one swipe of the pen.

I think is a bit more complicated than that, with that said I like that Ron Paul has given a voice to much of the concerns that the real folk have.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't think he can win this year either.

Same old, same old.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join