It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you like (or think you will) hear when you arrive in 'Heaven'?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What do I expect to hear ?

"Sign here. It's a disclaimer.
Pure formality".

"Take the escalator to you
left, you have a seat reserved,
once down".

Although, I don't believe.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

I probably should have said afterlife instead of Heaven. I'm not sure if you meant you don't believe in a Christian heaven or an afterlife at all.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I guess I'm a bit naive when it comes to Heaven.

I'd hope to have been judged before I arrive at the Pearly Gates ... it'd be a bit naff to be met by a guy with a set of scales, weighing me up in the balance, and for me only to be turned away at the very last minute.

But I'd love to be greeted by my Mum & Grandma and asked to come away in for a nice cup of tea. That'd be great

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
For Duckster: Sorry for the delay. I hadn't checked this thread for a while. To answer your questions. Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I block out all the theist threads. If they sound interesting I read them. I think the question in the title of this thread is excellent. Every theist should think deeply about this.

Just because we have different beliefs doesn't mean we have to be serious and gloomy. I think we all have the duty to be happy and pleasant, not just for ourselves, but because our emotions affect those around us. If we're negative, it hurts our companions. If we have joy, those around us will also be happier.

Occam

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
As a confirmed agnostic this goes against the grain but what the heck.

How about Peter saying
" The pub's over there and there's a pint of Magnet on the bar waiting for you"
And sure enough there is one, with the perfect head and at the ideal temperature, and so are all my friends and family.
Boy, what a party that would be.

Oh, and a jukebox full of all my favourites, but playing either One Way by The Levellers or I Am The Ressurection by The Stone Roses.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Freeborn]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join