It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you like (or think you will) hear when you arrive in 'Heaven'?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ok, so it's a blatant James Lipton question but an interesting thought. The last person I heard him ask was Johnny Depp and he said he would like to hear "Wow"
Pretty good if you ask me.

As for myself I would like to hear...

"What are you doing here?"

Ha, ok, not really, I'd have to go with...

"Thanks for playing along! Now tell him what he's won Peter!"

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

I can see it now.

St. Peter at a collection booth in front of the pearly gates with a sign on it.

It reads:

Exact Change Required

[edit on 25-12-2007 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I am not sure if you mean if you believe you will arrive to be judged, but I imagine only that it will be like you just woke up after a long slumber after a heavy night of drinking. Hopefully I won't have a hangover.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If I had to say something serious I think it would be along the lines of "You did your best". How much more could I ask from myself?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You know...I was just thinking about 'rewards' that people would receive when they get to paradise.

Probably everything their hearts/souls desire.

If that was the case, there are probably only 2 words that people would never utter:

I want... or I need...

By the time we have achieved the next and (possibly) final step in our spiritual evolution, many things on this earth (physical form) may not be required by us.

Hmmm...

I don't ask for too much in this life...so..to ask the ultimate question of what I'd like in my after-life?

1. All the beautiful experiences and love that I've treasured here on this earth; muliplied by infinity.

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I would like to hear the music of Pachelbel's Canon (a.k.a. Canon in D major) by Johann Pachelbel when I arrive in 'Heaven'! I love that music and have come across a rock guitar version via youtube.com.

However, I think I will hear pretty much nothing to at least: 'Next, please!' This is similar to waiting in a long line at the checkout stand of a grocery store.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I will surely see God meeting me at the Gates and saying "Well done my good and faithful servant. You have faithfully voted a straight republican ticket for my glory. Your place has been made here."

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My most sincere hope is that I will be greeted with "Welcome Home..."

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If, after I die, I become conscious and am in heaven, I'd expect someone to say, "Surprise!!!" LOL

Occam

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Occam

Occam? You're an Arse!! lololol ROFLMAOOO

I say that with the utmost respect. I really do!

I watch your posts alot, and DO respect your thoughts.

ok...I'm wondering something...

Entertain me for just a bit.

I'm gonna pull the ol' logic on ya. (Oh boy...somebody help us?)

Here we go.

Let us assume that YOU, Occam, DON'T believe in God. (I think you've made your standpoint pretty clear on this statement, and that you are a person of integrity and high intelligence.)

I'm also assuming that you have a GREAT sense of humor and insatiable curiosity; otherwise -

Why would you (waste? is that an aptly applied word in this scenerio?)

Come into this thread and apply your words to an 'otherwise deist question'; to which would be 'oxymoron' on your part/beliefs?

I'm NOT being a poop disturber. Just VERY curious.

I'm very delighted with the answer that you gave!!!! lololol

It's nice to see the 'light-side' of you!

Respectfully,

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have to agree, that was pretty darn funny. Gave me a chuckle.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
"Well done my good and faithful servant. You have faithfully voted a straight republican ticket for my glory. Your place has been made here."

Hey now, quit trying to instigate a war of politics in heaven!

Just jazzing you.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Why would you (waste? is that an aptly applied word in this scenerio?)

Come into this thread and apply your words to an 'otherwise deist question'; to which would be 'oxymoron' on your part/beliefs?

Its a common theory about the atheists, that they are believers dying to get come out of the closet. I don't really believe that though.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Mabey...and mabey not hon! lololol

I think...just my opinion ONLY, that alot of the atheists are not only curious about 'the grass being greener' (ok. probably bad terminology), but it goes without saying:

"That person seems pretty happy over there...ummm..what's going on with them?"

Atheists want to know the TRUTH. They need to see things on a 'tangible basis'.

i.e. "Can I touch/feel/see/hear/taste these things?

How do we present our FAITH based on the 'physical'?

Now see?...that's the HARDEST part.

Sigh.

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Well the very nature of faith is intangible, which as you said, turns many people off. Your comment about seeing other people happy is true, but I feel that people tend to view the person as weak to offset any lack in happiness they see in themselves. The other option would be to say you have been wrong. Now, I'm not saying anyone is truly "right", I'm only referring to the change of a personal belief in the sense that what we individually believe in is "right" to ourselves.

I personally believe that anyone, atheists or not, who live a good life will be rewarded in a sense. Sort of the, 'my soul knows if i'm good or not, my judgment from God will be filtered through me.' The God I know wants everyone to be happy, which I feel is the only goal worth pursuing in life. What could you ever add to happiness to make it better? It just is... so simple, very beautiful. All the morals and 'do unto others' is God's way of explaining human psychology, a way to realize our potential for happiness.

The sad thing is that people search for happiness assuming they know what makes them happy. I think He's just trying to help.

Ok, got serious for a second there... oh and I also have to assume that God has a sense of humor that we couldn't believe... wait, did that make sense...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Believe it or not?

Made perfect sense to me!

I do not suppose for any 'almighty', nor do I feign the almighty's thoughts.

I'm glad that we can share our opinions/thoughts/feelings without indignant reproaches.

ThankYOU so much Parabol! I mean it...truely!

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hoping i will hear & see lost loved ones & catch up on lost times

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Thank you as well. It's a lonely world and it's always a pleasure to hear from a like mind. I feel like I spend most of my day surrounded by the blind, not based on what they do or don't believe, but rather based on the fact that they don't even seem to try. So many assumptions, so little thought.

I liked your signature quote as well. It sort of reminds me of something I wrote *ahem*.... "A true friend is someone who would give up a want of theirs for a need of yours." I always thought it sounded like something someone had already said but I like it. The funny thing is that it should be an obvious statement but finding friends like that only happens a few times in your life. It makes me appreciate those that I have.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'd like to hear : " Well done, you may enter and all the kingdom is yours".

What I'll probably hear is : " my oh my, you really tested me didn't you... well you did ok, so come on in, we'll see how it goes... "

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Heaven???? I'm not sure that I will make it to Heaven. Actually, I have plenty of suspicions that tell me that I will be going straight to Hell. And that really sucks.

But if I do make it to Heaven, I'm hoping that the Lord will tell me that I can stay there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join