It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of this Indie Crap! (and others)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am so fed up of this Indie crap (if I could use any other expletive without it becoming censored, I swear to God I really would... MANY times).

The worst thing is, the sheep are buying into it!

PLEASE! Stop the whole British 70's revival bollocks! I'm all for dressing "originally", but when you all wear the same, awful, stuff, you do look quite ridiculous. Same with "Emo's"! What happened to people wanting to be leaders, not God damn sheep of the "music industry", or what's left of it anyway.

I'm a metalhead through and through and sadly this is becoming a problem within this genre too. Lots of boring, generic bands are becoming popular whilst bands who slave their arses off for years get absolutely nowhere. Mainstream US "metal" is awful and it's spreading here in the UK. Saying that, I will admit I love alot of US metal bands; Lamb of God, Slayer, Megadeth, Fear Factory, Shadows Fall, Threat Signal, Mushroomhead, Bleed the Sky, etc. All those bands I mentioned have actually made something out of themselves and, thankfully, haven't been infected with Corporate Cloning syndrome.

To hear decent bands, you have to dig deep. Really deep. And it's appalling.

The music industry has cancer and I don't see a cure. It's all about money.

I couldn't give a crap about "pop", that's a load of *expletive*. Sadly, the metal genre has become infected and has been for a long time now. Thankfully, a lot of bands see this and have enough back bone to stand up for what they believe in. Unlike most bands who get the chance to earn millions and run at the chance to brown-nose the corporate bastards.

Maybe this belonged in the "Rant" forum...

new topics

join