It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine NHS trusts lose patient data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Nine NHS trusts lose patient data

news.bbc.co.uk

Nine NHS trusts in England have admitted losing patient records in a fresh case of wholesale data loss by government services, it has emerged.

Hundreds of thousands of adults and children are thought to be affected by the breaches, which emerged as part of a government-wide data security review.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This is just getting beyond silly now.

Is this just another Problem-reaction-Solution situation?
It's almost getting to the point where we are learning of data loss almost everyday.

If this is a PRS stunt, what reaction are we likely to hear about that will provide a solution?

I sure hope they wont use the RFID as a solution, or any card for identity..

How they would spin that seems more hard work than possible right now.

But something doesn't seem right, things don't add up. Lost data is now such an apparent 'problem' that it's just too rife.
And rhe funny thing is, none of the lost data appears to have 'fallen into the wrong hands'!!!

So, who's hands did it all fall into for it to become lost?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well, as they said the other day - this must surely be the fatal blow to the ID card scheme? Makes you wonder if it was a conspiracy all of its own to get it thrown out???
GOOD RIDDANCE to that! There is hope, after all.

And rhe funny thing is, none of the lost data appears to have 'fallen into the wrong hands'!!!

So, who's hands did it all fall into for it to become lost?

The stupid thing is, they post the bloody things! Our postal service sure knows how to lose mail, that's for sure.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

op by Extralien
"This is just getting beyond silly now.

Is this just another Problem-reaction-Solution situation?
It's almost getting to the point where we are learning of data loss almost everyday."

I hear you,loud and clear.
My take on all these data "mishaps" is that they are actually a pre planned,orchestrated attempt by the UK government to help prepare us for the day when the concept of "privacy" is struck from our reality,and into the realms of history.
In fact,it is already the case that our Government shares ALL data with foreign Intel agencies-although this never admitted of course.

Eschelon,Menwith hill,phone tap servers etc etc....

happy Christmas folks..

BTW,Any UK members,get over to the link supplied here to give your (polite but meaningful)comments to the Government regarding the data hemorrhaging behaviour of the UK Gov:

www.abovepolitics.com...

(not pimping my thread,no replys needed,just give a comment to the Gov if you can,UK members! Thank you all)

Worth a try I guess,sorry for off topic,although slightly related.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
And it gets worse....

Primarolo admits ignorance over data losses by nine NHS trusts

· Minister does not know exactly what is missing
· Opposition parties allege culture of carelessness

politics.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join