It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Haiti: New addition to Anarchism list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
One of the greatest fears of 19th century American citizens has come to life. It also looks like Haitian citizens are trying to get rich, the easy way, by looting shipping containers. Not only that, Police have failed to defeat rebels and are retreating.

At least two people were killed in St Marc on Saturday as gunmen seized the police station and set it on fire along with the courthouse next door, residents said. One wounded man seen by journalists yesterday said he was shot in the chest by a police officer in civilian clothes. The Guardian

Anarchy...Our Fallen Evil

It is a wonder what people will do for a Mr. Aristide, looting and even kill each other, and that includes Police. The list of dead in the fight between Aristide's supporters and opponents have taken a toll of 69 people.

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiSystem
www.anarchy.no...

And your point is?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
And your point is?

from above:

"One of the greatest fears of 19th century American citizens has come to life."

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If my history isn't wrong, 19th century Americans, mainly politicans and wealthy men, were afraid of Anarchism as we are now afraid of terrorism.

Get it?

[Edited on 2/9/2004 by surfup]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Anarchrism is chaos writ as a system. It is not something to be feared it is something which satan brings and it must be fought.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Anarchrism is chaos writ as a system. It is not something to be feared it is something which satan brings and it must be fought.

Why would you want to fight something you don't fear?

I am saying that if you don't fear it, you are accepting that it is not a problem, therefore you don't fight it.

And I am pretty confident that in the 19th century America, Anarchism was feared very much.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You fear what you do not understand, you fight what you do understand for which presents itself as a threat. They are not the same thing really.

Anarchists are not wrong but they are not correct about anything either. I have spent my time debating them and while they are agents of change they have nothing productive to share with the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You fear what you do not understand, you fight what you do understand for which presents itself as a threat. They are not the same thing really.

Anarchists are not wrong but they are not correct about anything either. I have spent my time debating them and while they are agents of change they have nothing productive to share with the rest of us.

You are right, Anarchist are bunch or idiots.

But I still don't understand why I am wrong in saying that Anarchism was the one of the worst feared evil in the 19th century.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You may not be wrong but consider this, is not anarchism a disorganized almost underground counterculture? If so then it never was a big threat to anyone, yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You may not be wrong but consider this, is not anarchism a disorganized almost underground counterculture? If so then it never was a big threat to anyone, yet.

Yep. Anarchism has never really been a threat to anyone, but people still were gravely afraid of it in those days.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
They're not even anarchists if they're killing and trying to get rich by looting, they're capitalist then. True anarchism is government/econonmy-less system, where a person controls their own life rather than "the system" running it for them.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
My point was: What is described in that article has nothing to do with Anarchy or Anarchism. By referring to what is happening there as Anarchy or Anarchism, they/you/atsnn are breaking the Oslo Convention.

top topics

join