It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mk19 Misfire video – training round blows up in the chamber!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Good thing it was a training round, because other then unavoidable casualties, if it was a live round there would not be any video left for us to see!

splodetv.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander

i used to watch guys spin these things in the air. It made me nervous. I had heard that they arm themselves with 40 spins. Not sure if this was true.

I also get a bit nervous when i have a jam or double feed in my weapons. I'll take a bolt action any day.

Do have to feel sorry for the poor guy shooting though. He did get hit with something as the red blood drops show.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Nothing like a brown-trouser moment...

Oops

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Iskander,
Scary vid.

Might want to put a language
warning there, though.

Paddy,
That made me crack up.

I guess I have a sick sense
of humor.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

Yo, did you see everyone just stop what they were doing and bolt?

Hahaha, oh man that's funny.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Here’s another good one, a Huey was making a hot LZ evac and a scared sh!tless grunt slammed his M79 on the deck while he was hauling his a$$ into the chopper.

M79 went off and punched a hole through the roof but did not detonate and didn’t hit the rotors.

From that point on the chopper pilot made his gunner put the M60 on the grenadiers before the boarded to politely remind them to engage the safety on their thumpers.

Even more interesting is how the Russians used their case less 40mm grenades.

Fuse arming is not from the spin but from the acceleration, so when clearing out building they regularly used then as hand grenades by slamming then against the heel of their boot so set the fuse, and then just tossing them.

new topics

top topics

join