It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oswald and wiki

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I was reading the wikipedia entry on Lee Harvey Oswald the other day and the thought struck me that for a relatively minor figure his article was very detailed and thorough. It's one of the more professional wiki articles I've seen.

Could it be a certain agency had something to do with how Oswald is being presented to the world online?

en.wikipedia.org...

In comparison JFKs wiki entry is scarcely longer even though he was a prominent public figure and politician for most of his life.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 21-12-2007 by what-lies-beneith]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Oswald's article si self-contained. The only section expanded on in another article is the assassination itself.

JFK, on the other hand, has several topics only briefly summarized in his article, and expanded in their own article. Most notably-
PT-109
1960 election
Bay of Pigs
Cuban Missile Crisis

Each fo these articles are as long as the ones about Kennedy and Oswald. Taken together, there is much more information about Kennedy on wikipedia. By it's very nature, you don't need to cram everything into one article, you can cross-reference it to make a more coherent form.

The article is about Kennedy. You have a few apragraphs sumamrizing the abckground, event,s and effects of the major events. You go into intricate detail in their own dedicated articles.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I still find the fine detail in the Oswald article interesting.

Here's a couple of examples, there's a lot more:

In response, Oswald made a bloody but minor cut to his left wrist in his hotel room bathtub. After bandaging his superficial injury, the cautious Soviets kept him under psychiatric observation at the Botkin Hospital.

He was given a rent-subsidized, fully furnished studio apartment in a prestigious building under Gorizont's administration and in addition to his factory pay received monetary subsidies from the Russian Red Cross Society (a Soviet organisation entirely separate from the international medical aid organization). This represented an idyllic existence by Soviet-era working-class standards.

It doesn't seem to be presenting the relevant facts as much as telling us a story of, "The man who did it".

My take on it anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The guy attempting to commit suicide is hardly a minor detail. Reflects his psychological condition, especially after he learned the Soviets were not going to accept him into their paradise open-armed as he had hoped.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Maybe, but like I said it goes into much more detail than is needed as far as I'm concerned. The article seems intended to leave us with no doubt as to what really happened and why.

There are so many other questions-for me anyway-around the assassination that this seems like just another snow job to me.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by what-lies-beneith]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by what-lies-beneith

For some reason anyone who a commits a HISTORAL crime, Always had their life on file LOOK, this Mans record is in DETAIL, Also check history records [we keep pictures ] The communist keep paper. Check Euro history on who's-who's since the turn of the last Century. Talk about Detail.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It talks about how he attemtped to commit suiced (important considering how history woudl be radically different if he did actually die) and about how he was given special treatment by the Soviet government. I don't find those details needless. You might, but it seems to me you've already decided the article is compromised, facts and arguments be damned

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i dont see how one could consider lh oswald as a minor figure. hell, there were at least 3 of him. who else can say that? elvis? HAHA

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Still say it's just too pat and directed towards removing any doubt about who did the shooting.

Then for me the physics of the shooting itself are ridiculous when you go with the one gunman in the depository scenario. The autopsy photos show JFK with a small bullet wound in his forehead and most of the back of his head is gone. If it was a round from above right that caused the head wounds the exit wound would have been on the lower left side of JFKs face, not his forehead. The "magic" bullet that was found in pristine condition in JFKs clothing at the hospital supposedly entered JFKs back at a downward angle, changed direction to a horizontal path, exited his throat, took a zig and entered Connellys back on a horizontal path, exited his chest then proceeded on a downward path striking his wrist and eventually entering his leg. What the hell is the bullet that was supposed to be in Connellys leg doing in JFKs clothing, very sloppy. Even though the Zapruder film clearly shows Connelly holding his hat at the time JFK reacts to the neck shot and he doesn't reacte we're supposed to believe he's just taken a round through his chest which also broke his wrist and stopped in his leg. There's also the third bullet that struck the curb 270 feet ahead of the car JFK was riding in. The shooter who was supposedly good enough to put two rounds into JFK has a flyer that goes 270 feet off target, give me a break. I agree with the scenario of three sniper teams surrounding the plaza, which was clearly a planned kill zone. What other sense was there in having the motorcade take a more than 90 degree turn significantly slowing it down. How come the building weren't secured. The questions just keep piling up don't they.

The Zapruder film also clearly shows JFKs head thrown back and to the left when his head was struck by the fatal round. Simple physics demands that his head would be forced down and to the left by a shot from above and to the right.

Given all this, such an ironclad article detailing how it was definitely Oswald alone killing JFK makes me more than a little suspicious.

edit- here's my scenario that makes a lot more sense from a physics standpoint.

1. The bullet that struck JFK from the back and was a horizontal through and through, and was fired from ground level from the building across the street from the book depository and directly behind the motorcade. It's also the same bullet that strikes the curb 270 feet in front of the car.

2. Connellys chest wound, also a horizontal through and through, is a hit from the shooter to the front.

3. His wrist and leg wound are from the depository shooter.

4. JFK was killed from a shooter to the front right not back, the Zapruder film makes that definitive. Argue with physics all you like but for every action there's an opposite and equal reaction. JFKs head is snapped back by the kill shot not forward.

All this means that a single gunman killing JFK is ridiculous and hence we have these stories carefully laid out to us about "how it all happened". Coveinient if you ignore the facts or don't want to accept that in 1963 the US executive changed hands through a coup.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by what-lies-beneith]

[edit on 30-12-2007 by what-lies-beneith]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i was told that oswald was shot by a blank fired by jack ruby and it was all part of the plan...i have a picture showing oswald standing in the doorway of the school book building at the time of the presidents shooting..with the presidents car in the picture

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wikipedia is always good value. And compared to subverting the whole interent taking it over and using it for cointelpro was a trivial exercise for the CIA.

As for the Oswald entry... I like stories.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My point exactly...it's a nice story and I'm sure there will more and more in the future to plaster over the inconvienient fact that governments do change hands through violence even in the USA.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The JFK hit is such a tragedy, and on a global scale... Let alone the successive administrations in the US being little more than fronts for the same controllers. Yuck.

Wiki always did have a certain smell but it sure does STINK now.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So true.

The same people that made so much money from selling arms wanted their man in power in the US. Lyndon Johnson was refered to as "the Senator from the Pentagon" when he was in Congress and he gave the military and defence industry the war it wanted when he took the Oval Office from JFK.

Nixon didn't even pretend to respect the rule of law in America and it's been a steady downhill ever since.

As for wiki, I've always treated it with skepticism, this has now changed to contempt.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wiki is not to be believed. May I suggest reading "The Man Who Knew Too Much", by Dick Russell regarding a CIA man Richard Case Nagell. He has much to say about Osward, and its nothing like what's on wiki. It is a must read as it deals with Nagell and Osward starting with LHO's assignment to Japan through the early days of November 1963. The book can be purchased used from Amazon, at a very reasonable price.

I have been told, directly by James Tague, the only other person wounded in Dallas 11/22/63, that he heard the first shot, saw activity in the plaza, and then felt something hit his cheek at the time of the 2nd and 3rd shots. He later observed the "chip" in the curb in front of where he was standing.

A previous poster stated the 1st shot was a through and through that went on the strike the curb in front of Mr. Tague. Most firearm experts doubt a through and through would have enough remaining velocity to travel the 270 feet to the curb and chip it the way it did. Mannlicher-Carcano ammunition is not a high velocity round. (FBI 1st patched the chip and then had that section of curb cut out and removed).

Regarding Oswald and "his" Mannlicher-Carcano. The 3 spent cartridges, found on the floor, had numerous markings on them showing repeated chambering and extractions and 1 was dented in a manner making it impossible for it to have held a bullet and been chambered and fired. The Mannlicher-Carcano has a clip feed magazine, and is the ONLY rifle in which the clip drops from the magazine (via gravity) after the LAST ROUND IS CHAMBERED. Oswald's rifle was found with the last round chambered, yet a photograph of this rifle being taken from the TSD has the clip hanging out of the bottom of the magazine. This is not normal for this weapon, as the empty clip easily falls from the magazine. I believe the Mannlicher-Carcano was not used in the assassination and the Dallas Police knew it was a "throw down". They did not test this weapon to see if it had been fired. They didn't have to.

Oh yea, one other thing about the rifle, the first weapons expert brought in to try and duplicate Oswald's marksmanship, had to spend 10-15 minutes to adjust and place metal shims under the base of the scope to secure it to the rifle before any test could be attemped.

So basically we have an ex-US Marine chosing a inferior weapon, using damaged cartridges, a mal-fuctioning clip, with a very loose scope, making shots that could not be duplicated by experts, in less than 8 seconds.

Read the book.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Oldnslo]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thanks, I'll check it out.

There's so much more to the Oswald story that gets covered up by the official version of facts. I do believe that he was a patsy or a throw away much like the rifle he was supposed to have shot Kennedy with that you talk about.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I visited Dick Russells site and it has some interesting evidence about a cover-up.

One article details how autopsy notes and original drafts were destroyed and how a second examination of Kennedys brain was fraudulent.

www.dickrussell.org...

new topics

top topics

join