It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We're always told that information = power.

What if no information = power?

Two big issues going on in the world today:

* Terrorism
* Constant talk of the threat of global warming.

What do both instill? Fear. The first is real, the second, a tool for control created by Governments.

Here's the real killer to the plan: what if you don't watch the news, don't listen to the propaganda that is global warming scaremongery or the latest terrorist warning?

The result would be that you don't know about it, and don't fear it, yet watching the way the UK media goes on about these two subjects, you'd think there was nothing else going on. The real issues (such as the signing of the EU Treaty without a referendum etc) occur quietly in the background, whilst these two issues are being loudly trumpeted by the media.

But what if you didn't know about them? What if in this day, the key to preventing the erosion of civil liberties is to ignore the media, and have no information on the terrorists?

Terrorism works through fear to gain control, or to change events to the way of the terrorists. No fear = no control.

What are your thoughts?

[edit on 20-12-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I agree. Many of the terms used are used to instill fear, I see this in life all the time. I try to logically explain something to someone concerning a conspiracy (rule one never mention that it's a conspiracy) and some of my friends are so brainwashed that they believe what they're told by the government/media. I'm amazed at how naive people are to things, they want to believe something and don't want to find the truth, that's a sad place to be, just wanting to believe in something, so the popular idea is accepted and all others are rejected.
If ya tell a lie long enough and loud enough, people will believe it.
Fear is actually a good sells tactic too. Make someone believe that they need what your selling them or they will be subject to harm or failure and they will buy your product.
Example- "If you don't have X, Y could happen which eventually leads to Z, so for you and your families safety I'm offering X for $$$".
Fear, the biggest wall in the way of any achievement. Stage fright could keep the greatest speaker from ever saying those needed words.
Thank God some people have conquered fear through the ages and helped mankind in great ways.

-Jimmy

join