It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fred Nile quotes Koran, forgets Bible, ignores constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
You've got "Reverends" like Al Sharpton and the late Jerry Falwell, well we've got Fred Nile. The Rev. Fred Nile makes his biggest splash each year leading an anti-Sydney Mardi Gras march. Like most of his "Christian" brethren who've somehow attached three letters to the front of their names, Fred has pretty much forgotten or ignored the most fundamental teachings of Jesus. Oh, well, never mind.

Islamic school protesters threaten violence

www.abc.net.au...

Police had to move in to calm hundreds of people last night outside a meeting of nearly 900 opposed to a proposal for one of Australia's biggest Islamic schools in south-west Sydney.

One protester issued a stern warning to the Qu'ranic Society, which has lodged the $19 million development application.

"If it does get approved, every ragger that walks up the street is going to get smashed up the arse by about 30 Aussies," he said.

The threat was backed by a number of other locals.

It gets better. Not only are these goons stupid enough to say this publicly, but they do it in front of national media. And with Fred Nile's full support (no doubt he'll disavow direct ownership of violent threats).

Inside, Christian Democrats MP Fred Nile was one of several speakers voicing opposition to the development.

No Muslim speakers were invited and only one journalist was allowed inside.

But we can take their words out of context for them...

Reverend Nile spoke to the media and quoted from a passage in the Koran.

"'Christians say the Messiah is the son of God. That is the utterance of their mouths conforming with the unbelievers before them. God assail them, how they are perverted,'" he read.

"That means all the Aussies who are celebrating Carols by Candlelight this week all over Australia - millions of Australians - are condemned by the Koran.

"Sincere Muslims are supposed to believe this book, the Koran, as the word of God - the word of their God, Allah."

their God, Allah. I didn't know he was a different God. Tell me, Fred, when the Jews worship God, I mean, their God, you know, the one named "God", is that different God to the God I call "God"?

When asked whether he took the Bible literally, he responded: "Many Muslims take this literally, more than we take the Bible".

"I believe the Bible's the word of God but Muslims have greater belief in the Koran than Christians have in the Bible,'" he said.

Really, Fred. You believe the Bible is the word of God? I'm pretty sure some of those words (in exact order) went "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and "Love thy neighbour as thyself" and even "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"...

Oh, wait, my mistake

"Many Muslims take this literally, more than we take the Bible".
Obviously you were referring to yourself.

Not only does Fred not remember the words of the Bible, he also hasn't read the Australian Constitution in some time. It guarantees exactly three rights. The right to religion, the right to free trade between states and, well, it's even less sexy than number two, so I always forget it.

So the only individual citizen's right guaranteed by the Australian constitution is the right to religion. No single religion or deity is mentioned, simply "religion".

I love people like Fred. They continually prove, through word and deed, that Australians really are a nation of greedy, stupid, inept, short-sighted, ignorant, intolerant arseholes.

Well, it seems that is their single aim in life.

But it gives me something to rail against! Morons!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Total craziness! Makes you wonder if they have EVER REALLY heard their own words!

My mom taught me to THINK before I SPEAK. It works wonders!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm guessing you are a native?

And I'm proud of the Australians for doing what we British don't have the balls to do, and say "sorry, we don't do things like that here, we do them like this".

I dread to think of the time when a major western state has an Islamic majority, and therefore imposes Islamic law.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

So much ignorance, so few words...

But first things first...

A native what, exactly?

And why is a Muslim majority imposing Islamic law any different to a Christian majority imposing Christian law? Or a Jewish
majority imposing Jewish law? Or a tribal majority imposing tribal law?

I must be mistaken, but I thought the pure essence of democracy was decisions being made by the majority. Silly me.

On which subject, why don't you find out how difficult it is to change the constitutions in major western democracies, might tell you how much dreading you need to do.

It comes down to this: if the Christians can build a private, church-based school there, then so can the Muslims. Simple.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So this mess continues. And like all good messes, the ignarant are the ones most loudly involving themselves in something they know virtually nothing about.

Pauline Hanson, the former leader of the One Nation Party, has also paid a visit to the town, though the local paper, the Camden Advertiser, reported that she mistakenly thought the proposal was for a mosque rather than a school.

Camden's Agony

Never let it be said that Pauline hasn't done some good by destroying the credibility of everything she chooses to put her grubby fingerprints on.

But she's only the most high-profile of the recent unwanted interlopers.

Many locals fear that the campaign is being hijacked by right-wing, nationalist groups with their own agendas.

The Australia First organisation has been advertising for members in Camden, and says it plans to field a candidate in September's local elections.

Meanwhile, the local council are attempting to prove that all that is needed to prevent this development is a normal development process review. Move along, people, nothing to see.

If the heathens, er, hicks, er, residents get their way then the Quranic Society will be handed a solid Sheffield-silver platter on which will be engraved the words "Legal Appeal Through Anti-Discrimination Laws."

Note to this moron:

"Everywhere is being destroyed. Why don't we tell the truth. They're wrecking Australia. They're taking us over," she said.

"Why hasn't anyone got any guts? They've got terrorists amongst 'em... They want to be here so they can go and hide in all the farm houses... This town has every nationality... but Muslims do not fit in this town. We are Aussies, OK."

Stop helping!

top topics

join