It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial brain computer systems are coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Commercial brain computer systems are coming

www.thought-criminal.org

All over the world, systems that directly connect silicon circuits to brains are under development, and some are nearly ready for commercial applications, according to a new report from the World Technology Evaluation Center and announced by a news release of the University of Southern California (USC). Some of the conclusions of this report about brain-computer interfaces (BCIs) are quite surprising. For example, North America researchers focus almost exclusively on invasive BCIs while noninvasive BCI systems are mostly studied in European and Asian labs. If you don’t have enough time to read the 234-page report, please look at my selection of four exciting projects from all over the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com
viterbi.usc.edu

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is very interesting new technology. It is called BCI. I have only heard very little about this. The potential for good things is astronomical with this. Yet again, bad is also possible. This article states the the US is almost exclusively working on invasive BCIs. This concerns me a bit. Why are we the only one's doing invasive research as the other major powers only are researching non-invasive? The report linked at the article website is very long but interesting if you have some time. The important parts are highlighted at the blacklistednews link.

www.thought-criminal.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

join