It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So. What are the 2012 theorists going to say in 2013?...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
they will say

"I told you so"

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
well,

alot of the new age cults that are all about some "positive 2012 aquarius action" will claim that its now the age of aquarius! the age of love! the age of enlightenment!

and they will have a movement, some more radical than others, a movement pushing for an enlightened world society, like a good NWO. they will be completely 100% about emissions cuts and alternative electricities .. green cars, they'll use power for their homes that causes less waste / destruction.

essentially, the new age groups will spearhead an all new enlightenment movement, claiming that the stars are their mandate and so forth.

now 2020 is an interesting date, that decade will be interesting altogether. according to my calculations, if you say that the dome of the rock is the abomination that desolates spoken of in the book of Daniel, and add the number of days (years) spoken of in Daniel as to when the end comes, or when the abomination will be thrown down TO the date that the Dome of the Rock was constructed, you come out with the year 2020, give or take 6 years plus or minus for errors. 2026 is the year that the Apophis comet / meteor is supposed to come dangerously close to Earth, I mean the closest most dangerous pass of any heavenly body to this date.

so, alot of stuff is supposed to be popping off in the 2020's. I expect the true "end time" to come by 2032 because .. by then it is safe to say the U.S.A. will be in a rut / depression, the E.U. will have taken its' place in the world economy, and China / India will both be much more powerful and wealthier. by then Iran will have a collection of ICBMs, and Russia will be trying to stake the claim of the #1 Superpower of the world.

in the world of radical Islam, inevitably the radical Sunni Islamists will create their beloved "Caliphate", complete with Sharia Law and Taliban style justice. Terrorism will be worse than it has been, newer more powerful and deadlier weapons will be employed. More terrorists will be home grown or citizens of the country they attack. the western world will be rocked at its' foundation; which is the ability to buy and sell goods safely.

expect the next two decades to be quite a show!

[edit on 12/20/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
2020 will be the next date in the list. That is almost a certainty. I have lived long enough to see the following years prophesied as doomsday years or years when something special would happen. 1984, 1990, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004-06 and now of course 2012 will be the next - and those are just the really big years that were predicted. If you read the past posts on ATS every single year is predicted to be the end or something close to it.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Regardless of the creedence you lend to the year 2012 or the various prophesies, world affairs do indeed appear to be headed to some grand junction in the relatively near future.

2012 has as much chance as any other, give or take a few.

I'm sure there are those who will disagree but, my personal view is that it's highly unlikely that the Middle East is going to remain in a holding pattern for very much longer. Israel and Iran are both spoiling for a fight and no matter how you roll these dice, it's going to come up USA someway or another.

In the 'And/Or' department, there's this...

If Pakistan should fall to radical Islamists, that nation's nuclear arsenal could be the trip wire for a regional firestorm that involves India, China, Russia and the US.

So... no, 2012 may not be all the doomsayers expect or maybe even want it to be but somewhere in the future, there is going to be a venting of pressures and right now, that year looks as uhappily likely as the one before it or the one after it.

What will they say in 2012? Maybe that they wished it was still 2007... who knows?

[edit on 20-12-2007 by redoubt]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You just have to come up with a new calculation that explains that 2012 is actually a tad early.

So, we can all read about it for the next 10 or 20 years.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This raises an interesting question:
Why are so many people talking about 2012?
Simply because we live in a desperate time and people are desperate for change. The promise of change, even if it comes at a heavy human cost, is the dream and hopes of many. Man in general is Good and would like to live in peace, but people have realized that we live in a corrupt world. The system, the way we built our society is based on greed and unhealthy competition, exploitation and violence. And it seems that the only way out is divine or extraterrestrial.
I am part of those too, I strongly believe that something spectacular will happen and mankind will change forever.
Maybe we are wrong, maybe when nothing happens, when we will realize that we are our own saviors, we will turn against the system and fight for our rights, fight for peace and rebuild a society in harmony with each other and the environment.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a few million more people will turn away from alternative and spiritual views, "dissapointed"...without ever realizing the truth is not "out there", but "in here".

2012 is a social-engineering/marketing/psywarfare campaign infiltrating the alternative/new-age movement. The year itself has zero significance.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

To be brutally honest I think thats the first time I've ever agreed with you about anything. Thats actually a very interesting perspective on the whole issue.

It would be an interesting project to try to gather together all the 2012 rubbish and distill out the common traits to see if there really is an correlation that could be seen as an insidious plot by persons unknown to seed their own agenda into impressionable people...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
a few million more people will turn away from alternative and spiritual views, "dissapointed"...without ever realizing the truth is not "out there", but "in here".

2012 is a social-engineering/marketing/psywarfare campaign infiltrating the alternative/new-age movement. The year itself has zero significance.

Well except for the asteroid hitting us that year has little significance.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J

To be brutally honest I think thats the first time I've ever agreed with you about anything.

Now THAT I was never aware of, as you never bothered to post your disagreement.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

'Bother' being the word here. I see all kinds of people posting all kinds of rubbish (to my mind) here all the time. But your stuff has always struck a cord of utter nonsense with me. In the future I promise to post my disagreement so that we might have a civil discussion about it
And I am sorry if I seem to have suddenly come out of the blue with that right there, it is my fault for not having brought up my thoughts in your threads and posts of the past. I shall endeavour to do so in the future!

On topic I really do look forward to 2013 and the excuses thrown around for nothing significant having happened. Howevere I am entirely of the position to admit myself being entirely wrong if such incredible events do occur. Though as several of you have pointed out, theres a good chance that I won;t be around to apologise!...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I think they will just come up with another date.
Here's a list of dates when something was supposed to happen.
from 2800 BC until Now

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
People have walked around since the begining of time shouting 'The end is nigh'
and i confidently predict that when 2012 passes they will still continue to do so.

they will just say the date is wrong or jump on another bandwagon , i'm glad u posted this thread i too am sick of it , these 2012 threads coupled with the i'm an alien and have come to warn you crap these discussions are turning into a joke.

If these people really new , i mean had 100% proof of disaster or that they were other beings.. do u think that the worlds leading conspiracy board is the place to spread the word? NO.. they just know that half of the folks here are gullable and receptive to their insane attention seeking.

Happy xmas all!!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Personally, I am on the fence with this one.. I think there is a culmination of events that will occur at some time or another no matter what date you put on it. But if all the stuff that is supposed to happen happens, we will know long before 2012 hits. But the thing that strikes me as odd about the date is the fact that the earth is supposed to be passing through the "equator" of the galaxy very near the "end" date of the Mayan calendar.... and of course it is the solar maximum that year (most sunflares in the current solar cycle). From what I understand we are in solar minimum right now. Anywho, if that is wrong please someone correct me.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Great info X. I have always thought one of these space rocks would mean the end sooner or later, but I have recently become very interested after hearing an NPR interview with UC Davis professor Tony Tyson.

He's recently presented a project he's heading up to Congress, the LSST (large synoptic survey telescope). It will be the largest of it's kind and will effectively re-map the universe. It will be even able to see beyond the universe, which is almost uncomprehendable.

I would recommend anyone interested in NEO's to look up the project, as it was his presentation to Congress main focus. He said that it will better help identify some of the 20,000 hazardous rocks that cross our orbit, of which only less than 4,000 have already been.

Obviously, the Government is interested, so should we.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
First of all many of the 2012 doomsayers will make new accounts on ATS, so that they can start another doomsday theory.

The ones keeping their accounts, will say: "well it was only a conspiracy theory, and not really a real suggestion! I personally never believed it but it was fun to watch you all go grazy over it, muhaha"

Then suddenly a new date comes... with alot of coincidences and all kinds of "proof" that this is now the real dommsday year and date.

And suddently this new doomday year will make us forget all the stuff that was said about 2012, and we will all start our pro's and con's about this new doomsday year.

The chance of all mankind being wiped in a clash of events the same year is rather thin, to say the least. But if it ever should happen, then what will you gain from having told the world about it in advance?

Answer: Nothing, cause you would not be here, to recieve your "15 minuts of fame".

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

I'm ready to push all my chips to the center on 2012 being a big, big mess. Not even slightly worried about it being a "non-event".

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I've been oround for many of those doomsday predictions like y2k and many others before that, I never once believed anything was going to happen.

But this time I think its different, I just have this feeling that this is different. Thats the reason I read up on all the theories on 2012, I'm trying to make sense of this feeling I have. I really hope that nothing bad happens in 2012 but you never know.
And If no major earth or humankind changing event happens on 2012, I will never again believe on any doomsday prophecy of any kind no matter how much "proof" comes with it, thats how I view things right now.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by XNeMeSis21]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by abelievingskeptic
Personally, I am on the fence with this one.. I think there is a culmination of events that will occur at some time or another no matter what date you put on it. But if all the stuff that is supposed to happen happens, we will know long before 2012 hits. But the thing that strikes me as odd about the date is the fact that the earth is supposed to be passing through the "equator" of the galaxy very near the "end" date of the Mayan calendar.... and of course it is the solar maximum that year (most sunflares in the current solar cycle). From what I understand we are in solar minimum right now. Anywho, if that is wrong please someone correct me.

Very good. The threat is weather related. It is real and you will get a clearer picture before 2012. A huge pacific tsunami will start the ball rolling before 2012.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

Why would you(and others) think that all 2012 believers won't admit they were wrong, if nothing happens? Does it come from your own inability to admit your wrongs? I'm a believer, and I would have no problem admitting I was wrong. It's not that hard actually, on one side you have world destruction, on the other side you have being ridiculed cause you were wrong, though choice.

Why would you spread the word to the world, if there will be noone left, and you can't enjoy your "15 minutes of fame", you ask.
That illustrates the human ego nicely, if I tell the world, it's to maybe save some people, by getting them to a (relatively) safe place, that's what I'm doing. Not to say I told you so and hey, I predicted this, I'm tha man.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by enigmania]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join