It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really Funny Review of Hoagland Press Conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Really Funny Review of Hoagland Press Conference

www.thespacereview.com

He showed more photographs, all with tiny smudges or squiggles in them. Each of these he claimed was the top of an alien glass tower jutting miles above the lunar surface. (Hoagland has concluded that because we cannot see them, they must be made of glass. A simpler explanation is that because we cannot see them, they’re not there at all.) As an amateur photographer, to me these all looked like lint or dust in front of, or on, the lens or the film, magnified a hundred times. (I’ve had similar problems photographing my dog.) In a weightless environment everything floats, including all the crap inside a spaceship. That seems a likely explanation for these tiny amorphous blobs in highly magnified photographs. There’s an old saying that when you hear hooves, think horses, not zebras—and certainly not unicorns or centaurs. Hoagland sees dust specks and thinks ancient giant extraterrestrial ruins.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
In my opinion, it's this kind of thing (Hoagland's nonsense, not the article) that does more damage than good to the effort of trying to figure out all this UFO stuff. Your opinion, of course, may differ.

As for those who think the reviewer is unfairly slamming Hoagland, all I can say is that the quick and easy way to make that impossible is to have some actual value and weight to the material presented.

www.thespacereview.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I with you agree about Hoagland. I am always left scratching my head about his 'discoveries'. I looked at the photos that he claimed showed glass towers. I never could see them, I assumed it was me. Since the face on Mars, there has been nothing. Except for Iapetus, maybe.

join