It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

situation X toothache

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
My tooth was hurting a bit the other day and i was just wondering what if situation X were upon us, what would u do if u had a tooth that needed tending? i dread going to the dentist now and i cant imagine having to face pulling a tooth. What would some of you do? ice skate+rock?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just buy a couple of pairs of pliers from a dental supply place...dela rose and another small one...and hope someone is with you that can use them...or, use them yourself. I have dentures and can tell you that you can eat a whole lot of stuff without any teeth. Infection can kill, and pain is too debilatating.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There are herbs that can help keep the pain down, Cloves for one...Infection of teeth can kill, better to yank it out then risk it, Yeah it will hurt, but better then being dead.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yep, I'm with OneShot...

A bottle of clove oil will go a long way when it comes to dental problems, both as an analgesic and an antiseptic...

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is a nasty one. The affected tooth will need to be extracted long before there is significant swelling. Large amounts of salt water to draw the infection. Cotton balls or clean peices of fabric are needed because....pull the wrong tooth and you can bleed to death. Direct pressure and liquid diet for a week or so.

Blood coming from a tooth socket can fill the mouth so fast it is possible to choke on large blood clots. Direct bite down pressure for a few hours will cause the clot to go back down the vessel and seal but it must be watched like a hawk and no strenuous activity. Immobile for a week or two. The affected person should keep the cotton or cloth in direct sight until would has healed.

new topics

top topics

join