It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$8,000-Per-Gallon Printer Ink Leads to Antitrust Lawsuit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a printer manufacturer designing their printers to only work with their ink cartridges. If someone has a problem with this, don't buy the printer.

Then why is it that all VCRs share a cartridge (since the death of Betamax), all CD players share a cartridge, all cassette decks share a cartridge? Why should printers be different? If the products were really superior, then the manufacturers would have a "control" cartridge and we'd select our printer based on price and capability...I mean, how many different types of camera film were there for your Olympus/Minolta/Cannon/Leica?...

Yes, you can patent a technology, but there are limits and if HP did pay someone else not to produce a cheaper competitor, well then, string up HP, I say.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
original post by Docmoreau

It is similar to the VCR clock or any of the 'instant on', 'stand-by' mode electronics we own. I have a Sony Boom box that if it stays plugged in, it continually flashes red, yellow, green leds, and you can even hear a faint 'hiss' of power to the speakers. It makes me want to smash it because of its wastefulness through idiotic design. Sure it looks great, and sounds okay, but why does it need to leech power all the time

I think People would be shocked if they knew just how much electric they are useing by leaving their appliances on standby , in fact there are some that use just as much electric on standby as they do when they are switched on. Here in the UK there are devices that you can buy that you plug your appliances into which stops this problem.... of course the cheaper method is to just pull the plug ...

Ackers....

new topics

<< 1   >>

join