It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. still unprepared for disaster: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

U.S. still unprepared for disaster: report

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States remains unprepared for disasters ranging from biological attacks to a flu pandemic, and funding for preparedness is falling, according to a report released on Tuesday.

Many states still lack a stockpile of drugs, masks, gloves and other equipment needed to battle a pandemic of diseases, despite five years of constant and detailed warning, the Trust for America's Health said in its report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This report should be read by all. Where should our money be spent? In the Middle East or right here at home? The flu pandemic will happen it's only a matter of time, and the possibility of a bio attack or accident is very likely as well, and we are so not prepared.

In many areas of the country we don't even have the basics stockpiled in case of a emergency.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
As long as the US government is chasing oil, we'll never be prepared for a disaster. With all the money going out to fund the war, and the troops overseas, I don't see how we could handle it. Small disasters maybe. Say Mt. St. Helens lets out a burp, or LA shakes a tad more than the usual. But if something major happened, we'd have to fend for ourselves. Katrina taught us that we couldn't handle disaster, but it did nothing to improve it.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I know that my once over flowing stocks of preparedness for my family have dwindled over the past couple of years, its hard to prepare for a disaster when just paying my bills and keeping food on the table takes everything I have.

As for the larger picture, I am certain that the people of their choosing will be covered in what ever may come, we little people never did matter in the scheme of preparedness.

From our home all of our food reserves, medical supplies, household items on reserve for emergency, hygiene aids, pet supplies, batteries, ect. Used, gone with no way to replace at this time. Suggestions?

top topics

join