It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telomerase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't exactly believe in vampires, but, here's the deal with aging. Over the course of a lifetime, telomeres shorten, when someone gets old they may become hard of hearing or lose their normal vision. This is because those are on the ends of telomeres.
So, there's this substance called telomerase found in cells. It stops certain telomeres or chromosome from shortening, and if they didn't shorten, you could theoretically live forever. Now the Bible does say that God has limited humans to about 121 years of age, so telomerase isn't going to show up in pills or whatever.
But if you think back to the Garden of Eden and to the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, Satan told Eve that if she took the fruit, she could live forever and know what God knows. So I'm thinking those fruits could have had some telomerase. Then since Adam and Eve messed up God limited of lifespans so there you have it.
Kind of got off the subject of vampires, but that's how they could live forever, I guess.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
its as intresting a theory as many that iv heard about vamps, now is this a chemicle or purly biological?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I happen to know a reasonable amount about telemerase. It is certainly connected with the aging process..both normal cells and cancerous ones. Cancer does not age some new treatments

Check out www.abovetopsecret.com...

Company called Geron is into antiaging, cancer treatments and hold numerous patents on telemerase. Anyone interested should go to their website and check it out..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thats incredible. As long as we dont start cutting off each others heads.

top topics

join