It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big black flying triangles ... military blimps?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Researchers say that these types of vehicles are lighter-than-air, blimp-style craft of the U.S. military's making. Likely powered by "electrokinetic" drive, the lifting body-shaped airships have been skirting the skies since perhaps the early to mid-1980s. NIDS has followed up on their study of last year that correlated sightings of large triangular or delta-shaped objects with Air Force Materiel Command and Air Mobility Command bases throughout the United States. Matches were made suggesting flight paths in and out of certain base locations. The new assessment focuses on what four police officers and more than a dozen others observed on Jan. 5, 2000: A large, silent, low-flying black triangular-shaped object. It flew on a southwesterly direction between Highland, Ill., and Dupo, located less than 30 miles (48 kilometers) from St. Louis.Part of the flight path took the enormous object near the perimeter of Scott Air Force Base. NIDS does not come up with definite conclusion regarding the origin of the object sighted in Illinois. However, the reports jibe with more than 150 separate reports of sightings of large triangular or deltoid-shaped objects. Those eyewitness accounts, accumulated by NIDS, have mainly come from the United States. A small number of the sightings they have on file come from Canada and Europe.
BALLOONING EXPECTATIONS
To bolster their case about military airships being taken for UFOs, analysts at NIDS make a historical note. Lighter-than-air vehicles held all records for payload, distance, duration and altitude within the first four decades of the 20th century - even with the advent of the airplane. In fact, save for rocket-powered research aircraft like the X-15 and the space shuttle, all absolute altitude records are still held by high-altitude scientific balloons. NIDS makes the case that Big Black Deltas, or BBDs, are U.S. Defense Department airships. They are so large they can carry massive payloads at low altitudes, cruising at speeds three to five times as fast as surface ships.
Among a range of NIDS observations, the group believes the BBDs are powered by electrokinetic/field drives, or airborne nuclear power units. These craft also fly at extreme altitudes, high above conventional aircraft and the pulsing of ground-based traffic control radar. Propulsion means that no propellers or jets are used. A hybrid lighter-than-air craft would rely on aerostatic lift gas, like a balloon. No helicopterlike downwash would be produced. Except for a slight humming from high- voltage control equipment - and in older BBD versions an occasional coronal discharge - a Big Black Delta makes no noise.Given a slew of BBD capabilities - from silent running, diminished drag and elimination of sonic shock waves to operation from ground level to full vacuum - NIDS calls for pushing this black-world technology out into daylight for commercial benefit.
WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF
"What we're trying to do is transform unidentified flying objects, UFOs, into IFOs, or identified flying objects," said Colm Kelleher, deputy administrator for NIDS. "We want to limit the number of cases that are unidentified in our database. The more that are identified, obviously the less we have to work on. That's our prime motivation - to eliminate the wheat from the chaff," Kelleher told Space.com. NIDS has amassed some 1,000 cases that are under review. Of those, about 200 are Big Black Delta sightings. In the last year or two, BBD reports have been on the rise. Kelleher said that military may well be ready to take the wraps off the black triangle vehicles. The Illinois case, for instance, has been built on hours of public views of the mystery airship. "That's not exactly stealth mode. It's inevitable that it will be declassified," he said. "There appears to be an increase in deployment of these vehicles," Kelleher said. "The only time you see these things are when they are leaving or coming in. A lot of these sightings are at night. Our information is that they spend a long time aloft, weeks at a time. They can be thought of as oceangoing ships, rather than aircraft," he said. Over the years, the BBDs appear to fall into different size categories. "The ones that dominate our database are very, very large. They are low-flying, silent and are reported to be about the size of a football field," Kelleher said. The BBDs have been seen accelerating very rapidly from a hovering position. "They can look as though they are leaping across the sky. Being silent, it's almost spooky," Kelleher said.
HEAVY LIFTING
L. Scott Miller, professor of Aerospace Engineering at Wichita State University in Kansas, said the idea of a large, still-classified airship floating about is on the mark. "I do think that a large airship, with a heavy lift and other mission objectives, has been built," Miller told Space.com. Miller is also a distinguished lecturer of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, and specializes in black aircraft and the world of secret flight. The NIDS research documentation parallels, about 50 percent of the time, a theory that Miller has detailed in his AIAA talks for two years. "Lockheed has shown a great deal of interest in airships for many years. The real question is whether the Department of Defense has committed to buy and use such machines," Miller said.
STEALTH BLIMP
Large airships are of benefit to the military. They are capable of carrying extremely large and heavy payloads at a reasonable speed, for which there is a real mission need, Miller said. The U.S. airlift fleet is getting old, taking a great beating in the last 10 years in such locales as Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo and Afghanistan. Some new aircraft are making it into the inventory, but they still have limits. For instance, to move loads of tanks and other gear requires lots of flights and support. "An airship that could carry a large number of tanks, troops and supplies into a region overnight would be fantastic," Miller said. Miller does take issue with the NIDS study's view of a black triangle's propulsion. "Interesting, but I'm not sure it is necessary," he said."I suspect that neutrally buoyant, aerodynamically lifting airships using conventional prop-rotor systems would be useful in implementing a practical airship design," Miller said. Such a vehicle could be a cross between the V-22 Osprey - a craft having short wings and thrust vectoring rotors - and a blended-wing aircraft, he said.

would type more..but ran out

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
and....

"According to this article from Space.com, hundreds of sightings of enormous arrowhead-shaped aircraft that have been logged since the 1980s just might have been solved. According to a new report by the National Institute for Discovery Science, the craft (referred to as Big Black Deltas, or BBDs) are massive black airships on the order of 600 feet long, 300 feet wide, and 40 feet tall, weighing on the order of 100 tons and capable of carrying huge loads over long distances. Since a 2001 NIDS study correlated sightings of large triangular or delta-shaped objects with Air Force Materiel Command and Air Mobility Command bases throughout the United States, it's assumed that the BBDs are DoD transport airships. Dr. L. Scott Miller, professor of Aerospace Engineering at Wichita State University, agrees with much of the NIDS report. 'I do think that a large airship, with a heavy lift and other mission objectives, has been built,' says Dr. Miller. 'Lockheed has shown a great deal of interest in airships for many years. The real question is whether the Department of Defense has committed to buy and use such machines.'"

Analysis of more than 700 Triangle Sightings show that a significant number of the above mentioned eyewitnesses are located near areas of population including major Interstate highways. The trend of open deployment as described in this report is not consistent with secret operation of an advanced DoD aircraft. For example, crude examination of the (anecdotally derived) patterns of deployment of previously developed DoD stealth aircraft programs, including the F-117 and the B-2 aircraft, show that the pattern of deployment of unacknowledged F-117 and B-2 aircraft, prior to their acknowledgement by DoD, is different from the patterns for the Flying Triangles. Prior to acknowledgement of the F-117 and B-2 aircraft, only rare night time sightings occurred in the sparsely populated sections of Nevada, California and a few other states (see F-117 and B-2 in 12). Flying at low altitude over populated areas was rarely reported for the F-117 or B-2. In contrast, the Flying Triangle deployment, especially during the 1990s, appears more consistent with the open and public operation of these aircraft. In some cases (for example see the above description of the Port Washington Triangle), the deployment may be more consistent with an attempt to display or to be noticed. There appears to be little or no attempt to hide. Hence, the cumulative recent data from several databases lead us to modify the tentative NIDS hypothesis, published in July 2003, that the Triangles are covertly deployed DoD aircraft.

While it is premature to dismiss the previously published NIDS correlation between Triangle sightings and a subset of AFBs, the apparent association with centers of population may point away from a covert program. Rather, it is consistent with routine and open deployment of an advanced aircraft.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by blueyedevil666]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i had made a comment(another thread_www.abovetopsecret.com...) regarding a shooting of a vessel and the subsequent declaration to the shooter that it was in fact of human origin...here is a similair report, minus any shooting.

www.nuforc.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
more...

Looks like they are slowly being released to the media...

online.wsj.com...

During a rare visit by an outsider to the Skunk Works complex, a factory hall was filled with the prototype of a massive helium-filled airship that one day might ferry troops and heavy equipment to distant battlefields faster and more efficiently than ships -- no port or airbase needed.

The blimp would float just above the ground on four hover pads, meaning that "you could literally pick a farmer's field" to set down in, says program manager Robert Boyd. The airship had its maiden flight last week.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I and a witness were exposed to a massive black triangle one night in 1986 about 300 feet over our heads, and I can tell you it was no balloon. It was massive, huge, and although silent was able to move very slowly, and then rose in altitude and accelerated as it left. It felt like it weightes a million tons. Dirigibles and balloons cannot move without regular propulsion, which makes noise, and they cannot perform the feats seen by many: Slow to gone in a moment, end over end in flight, etc.

I think you are right that these craft you mention do have some part in the military, but they are NOT the triangles seen worldwide..no way. Until you see one of these mothers up close, you cannot grasp how awesome they are, and silent as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

please read the embedded links for propulsion explanation...i agree.

i too had one about 100 feet above me, my brother and i both, and to us it was clearly man-made. Small one about the size of a cargo van

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've seen one myself and it was no blimp - blimps can't move like that. This one was immense with no visible lights at all and totally silent. If they're military it seems odd that miltary fighters are seen pursuing them in numerous accounts and they have no trouble eluding such chases.

I'd like to know where they park them out of sight before sunrise too. The one I saw was larger than a football field and I'm not aware of any hangars that big.

[edit on 17/12/2007 by Pilgrum]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Those flying black triangles are actually Zeta Reticulian fighter ships.

What they do is using element-115 for antigrav

-They shift to 5th or 6th physical density
-They get 1 eyed black triangle spirits, and these spirits shoot (anger psiblast) the whole ship and shoots them to other places faster than light.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I saw one back in 1983. Although I couldn't make out the shape against the night sky, it was massive, dead silent, at treetop level, floating at what I now estimate to be 20 MPH. I was viewing it out an open window (so I could listen for engine noise). After it passed over my roof, I ran outside to get a better look. It was gone. Either accelerating away or possibly camoflaged.

These do exist whether they originate with the government or from somewhere else, I do not know. I lean toward the government. Once you have seen it, you are left with no doubt.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Airship patentI just dug this up. Its a patent on a "heavy lifting airship" ... the key thing to look at is the machines shape... i would say its similar to a triangle, other then the two small square edges.

Here is a picture of it.

Notice the lights around the corners of the craft.... Coukd this be UFO's that are being sighted over the last few years?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This is also very interesting....

Governemnt orders a new spy blimp. Lockhead martin contracted

Full article

[edit on 23-12-2007 by W3RLIED2]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Upon studying the patent the lights are in fact not lights but "Great wheels 22 are driven by conventional motor and control assemblies, mounted on struts 10 within the geodesic structures of platform." I also cannot help but notice the posting date of the patent "2003," decades after the initial sighting of the craft and the fact that one of the means of propulsion use propellors. What I witnessed and many others was a completely silent craft.

The patent is a cool find just for the fact that it fits the overall shape and type of craft. Could the inventor have been inspired by sightings of this type of aircraft or is the patent a red herring by some government agency to further muddy the waters, or simply coincidence?

Who knows.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Lockheads Airship video

What if you paint this thing black and fly it night?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

What do those remind you of???Full areticle here Future defense airships

I dunno guys, I wouldnt conclusivly say that the triangle ufos are ET.... as much as i really hope they are lol. These big blimps might be whats fooling us...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
so is are the NIDS operatives suggesting that if one were to take a AK-47 that you could theoretically shoot down a low flying triangle? As its nothing more than a complex blimp? (not that this would be advised on any level....)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

wow pretty convincing..especially if this is an old draft and they've stepped up their tech game since....very similair, ya i was left with an impression of it being an unmanned craft, the one i saw was quite small..maybe 25 feet point to point and no more than 10 stories above me......HUGE headlights off the front of the ship.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

actually there was one post i found on www.nuforc.org of a guy in Minnesota who saw one right above his head while dog hunting (bird hunting with dog) on some lake early in the morning, broad daylight. He viewed it through his rifle scope and noted an air force insignia shortly after firing rounds at it with a small calibre rifle....he also claimed at that point the craft was accompanied by black military helicopters...soon after firing the rounds (which bounced off the hull) a uniformed man opened some kind of escape hatch and yelled down to him to stop shooting. Pretty interesting case. The man claimed it was enormous, matte black with 3 yellow lights on each corner and a red one dead center.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Check out George Filer Filer Files for Dec 26.. There are a couple recent photos of black triangles..one from Chili is in daylight. For the record I saw one while returning from hunting trip.. Very low to the ground.. Went right over me. I have convinced myself it was a Stealth Fighter..but it was low and travelling very slow..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've often wondered if those aircraft could be military. Highland is mighty close to Scott AFB.

Now, I'd not heard of those balloons before! That's awesome. I had wondered if maybe it was a B-1. I know there's some stationed at Scott, even saw one flying alarmingly slow and low at Scott's annual air show (iirc the onboard computer can keep it stable right up to stall speed) so nothing's really outside the realm of possibility there.

Now, having said that, I'm fairly certain I saw one of the triangles in the early 90s above my parents' farm, and the darn thing came to a stop and then started moving fairly quickly. That'd have to be pretty unconventional propulsion for it to be AF hardware...

[edit on 26-5-2008 by regeya]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am an ex British army soldier and have been interested in this phenomenon of "black triangles" since encountering one whilst on tour in Kosovo in 2004. I'd just like to share my version in a hope it helps shed some light. On the night it happened I was outside our temporary accomodation at a site we were sharing with the Russian army. I was sitting at a table on a patio area we had knocked up watching a DVD on a portable player.
The night was very clear and warm. Most of the other lads were either at the gym or the bar. Shortly before the event I was joined by a mate (I don't remember who unfortunately) who sat down to watch the DVD.
For some reason (I don't recall why, maybe the DVD ended) I leaned back on my chair and stretched my arms out behind me facing straight up at the sky. When I did so the first thing I remember seeing was a big patch of "starless" sky. This freaked me out straight away but within the next second it became apparent that the patch was triangular in shape because it was moving. This made me realise that it was not the stars that were missing but something massive, black and silent moving in front of them as at the front of the point of the triangle the stars were dissapearing while at the back they were re-appearing.
It was hard to judge wether the object was small and close or large and far away because of the lack of sound. My initial reaction and with hindsight I would say that it was a massive object simply because of the ammount of stars it was blanking out as it moved across the sky and also the speed which it travelled. If it was a small object it was moving FAR too slowly to stay airborne surely. If I had to estimate, i would say that this thing was at least 500 meters and most likely a kilometer wide at an altitude of around 5-8000 ft.
As it passed silently over the mountian horizon I turned to my mate who was also looking up and asked "did you see that?" he replied "yes, what was it?". He had followed my gaze at the sky and witnessed the same thing.
The next day I casually asked my commanding officer if there were any stealth aircraft being flown in the area and he said he didn't think so. I'd seen stealth bombers and fighters before and I know it definitely was not one of those I saw. It had no navigation lights for one thing.
I have only just got round to looking into this and just recently googled "black triangle ufo" and was amazed at the ammount of reports I found. Although it would be awesome to know it was of alien origin, it seems to me (from what I have read here) that it could well be a very secret miltary transport.
I will keep reading this thread with great interest because I would love to know the truth.

Keep up the good work thanks,

SPR Howard RE

top topics

<<   2 >>

join