It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the Only One This Happens To???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Okay, so I'm browsing around the forums a bit and I notice a post I haven't come across before.

I pop into the thread and there is some seemingly off the wall talk going on in the thread pertaining to something like "rules of the site" or "current events" and I'm sitting there like "what the hell is going on? Have things changed recently without my knowledge?"

I usually end up on about page 3 totally confused.......that is....until....

I look up and see the date is like 2004 and someone just happened to bump the thread from way back then.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I have been snagged by the "way back in time" machine.

Perhaps I am just that damned non-attentive?

Jasn

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
Perhaps I am just that damned non-attentive?

Yep. That will be my guess. You only pay attention to yourself, SimiusDei. Or was that Jasn talking? Man, you schizoids confuse the hell out of me.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Gah!

If only that were true.

Things would be so much easier.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.....

I really should pay attention to the dates because it happens more often than I care to admit. Though I guess it's not that bad, I wouldn't read 2 - 3 pages if it wasn't interesting.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Indeed!

I happened upon one the other day (can't remember the title) and I was like "CRAP! This is freaking AWESOME! I MUST add to this."

Then I realized it was 4 years old and only had 1 post since that time that was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY off topic.

I must admit, it saddened me a bit.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yeah like don't ya just hate it when you get really in to a thread and you want to ask the op a really important question.

So you type it all up and then you look again at the thread to check if they've answered you.

BUT...

They've been banned!!

MonKey

Edit: OMG it happened again!!!

[edit on 17/12/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I cant wait until 3 years down the line, someone is reading this and is like "OMG YES THAT HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME" only to realize, it just happened again.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Yeah like don't ya just hate it when you get really in to a thread and you want to ask the op a really important question.

So you type it all up and then you look again at the thread to check if they've answered you.

BUT...

They've been banned!!

MonKey

Edit: OMG it happened again!!!

[edit on 17/12/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

lol, chikey.

i hope i dont check back on this thread and see the dreaded title added to your profile.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
yup. happens to me all the time....i will head into the ufo forum and start in on a thread and by the time i am on the 2nd or 3rd page i will look and see that i am working on stuff that is a couple years old

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I did it earlier, so don't feel bad. It's funny once you realize what's going on. I had a thread saved as a favorite, and SO must have bumped it, but I didn't know that. I went in there, and was like, "There's nothing new here!!" Then I saw the date. I had a good laugh at myself though.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Why, yes, it does happen.

And I posted this because it just happened on my last post. lol

Check this out
reply to post by Nyorai

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This has happened to me as well. Frankly, it's probably happened to a lot of members who have been here a while.

The point that I would like to make, however, is that there is a lot of excellent material in those "old threads". Just because they are a few years old doesn't make the information and the discussion invalid or, for that matter, out of date.
It's interesting to see how some old threads seem to come back after someone has "breathed" some new life into them by posting a reply and and the discussion simply picks up where it left off .... months or even years later.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

"Breathed life", yes, sort of like bumping. This can have a big impact on the thread.

But, for some reason, the past can scare me. I know this should not be the case, but for some reason I get a fearful empty feeling. Hmm, maybe it is just what it is that I am going back to!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm literally scared now, and shaking a bit. I've had the John Titor experience as well, I thought he only talked to me. Brrrrrr.

join