It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Readies Police State Tech for Possible Hurricane Evacuees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Texas Readies Police State Tech for Possible Hurricane Evacuees

www.blacklistednews.com

Texans seeking to escape the next hurricane or state emergency management director says...Earlier this month, it was announced AT&T Inc. has contracted with the Texas Governor's Division of Emergency Management to provide electronic wristbands for those residents wanting them, before they board an evacuation bus....The wristbands would be scanned by emergency management officials and the person's name would be added to a bus boarding log.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.democraticunderground.com
www.secprodonline.com

Here is link to related AT&T thread
AT&T tracking children

[edit on 12/16/2007 by palehorse23]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Is this the only thing to come out of Katrina? We now have to have background checks in order to be evacuated properly. Shouldn't the criminals be better kept track of already? Funny how AT&T seems to be doing a lot of contracting with governments on a local level. They also recently developed a new system for schools to "track" of their student's every move. This way school officials can keep an eye on the students so they know where they are at all times.
A couple of points of the article caught my eye. One, where are these "shelters" people will be going too? Second, it is quoted in the blacklistednews.com article as being said, " We will have procedures and we will not advertise what they are." If this was for the good of the people, shouldn't the people know exactly what is going on?
Makes me wonder if this is practice for something that lies ahead. I also want to know if others think this is a good idea or if we really don't have time to do all this checking around.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join