It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has ATS/BTS done for you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Like the title states: What has ATS/BTS done for you?

For me, I have a place to discuss "altnerative" topics and I met a bunch of cool new people

What about you?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have met a bunch of very nice and smart people. Learned a bunch about many different topics and made some cool friends here.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

nothing really,
well that would be a lie
then again i have found some cool people on ATS and supprisingly
my views on american youths have changed after seeing them post on here,

so i kind of have learnt alot

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My level of scepticism has increased ever since I happened upon ATS in 2004 while doing some follow up research with regards to 'Ancient Indian Nuclear Weapon'. My understanding of complex issues have also increased -- I no longer look at things simply as black and white, nor do I look at it as tiny pixels of black and white that look grey from afar. It's all a gradient of different tones of grey now.

I have also lost my idealism and now have a cynical outlook on life. Sigh... that's the downside...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have become a cynic.

No more happy go lucky dgtempe here, plus always expecting the sky to fall..

But inspite of it all, i am now hooked on these feelings (sing along) and i cant stop.

Not to mention the advances i've made with the Rebus puzzles. I now have a great mind!!!

apc

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I've gained 120lbs and had to get surgery for my carpal tunnel.

My wife left me. My children committed suicide. And I think I'm sitting on the dog.

God damn you ATS. :w:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What ATS has done for me:

* I have improved my language skills

* I have improved my discussion/debate skills

* I have imrpoved my insight into the values and beliefs of other people

* I have met many interesting people here

* I have improved the ability to discern between BS and the "good stuff".

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Well it happens even to the best of us

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Not to mention the advances i've made with the Rebus puzzles. I now have a great mind!!!

Hey, my last puzzle there is still unsolved! Link in case you lost track of it.

apc

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

Yeah that one was so wide open I couldn't not go there.

I've enjoyed the time savings. Instead of checking various news sites to get my daily news, users who really seem to enjoy the expense do it for me. Then as details for the story are filled in by other users a better picture can be obtained than from one source alone.

Amorymeltzer told me to say something at one of these type threads, but I won't. Oh no.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have learned so much...in the short time I have been here.I have met some fabulous people.Great friends..and extended family.And I met the most wonderful guy..

My life has done a complete 180 because of ATS..all good stuff.
THANK YOU SIMON, BILL, AND MARK!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Beach,

I wanted to make you laugh.
Truth is i am a dummy when it comes to those! But thanks for not laughing at me outloud.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
As foor what this site has done for me .... ummm.... it gave me a ton of confidence ..... a ton of friends that I consider as Fam ..... and I met the woman I

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I used to be on a site a while back that had all kinds of stuff about UFO's and cryptids, but it's since shut down. Here, I get some of the same stuff, and even more diverse topics. Havn't been here long enough to get to know people, but most of the folks seem a bit level headed.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What has ATS/BTS done for you?

Well, let's see?

It's taught me how to get along and try to be sensitive to other Members thoughts about a given subject.
ATS has taught me that that though the brass can, at times, be strong they have the goal of making the place good for all and indignant to the morally unjustified.. they seem to insist Denying Ignorance is really what the place is mostly about.

Support all but speak your peace against all but people who want to belong and people who have an opinion on things within, below or above top secret -- stuff.

Dallas

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Jasn answering:

It has given me the opportunity to make some AWESOME online friends.

It has opened my eyes to some conspiracies that I had never heard of. Or, rather, those online friends mentioned above have opened my eyes.

It has allowed me to know the true meaning of "caring" by also becoming an online home for steve-o.

It has taught me the definition of the word "sycophant".

SimiusDei answering:

It has given me another place on the web to spread my greatness.

It has allowed me to open a few eyes.

It has become another chapter to the life of a legend.

It has taught me the definition of the word "sycophant".

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
having only been here a short time, i can honestly say that i have learned a lot. not just from the amazing topics alone. but from the members themselves. i had some doubts when i first arrived, but those have been replaced by pure awe. the level of intelligence on this board is mind boggling.
one of the perks, as well as increased knowledge, is that you guys have me watching my spelling and typo's. my boss appreciates that.
so in wrapping this up, i would say that my experience here has been a positive one. thank you all for providing such a marvelous atmosphere in which to learn.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Iam giving this thread a bump because it deserves it.
What brought all of us here in the first place? Why do we all keep coming back?What is it about this site that is so addicting? Why do I feel closer to the members here than my neighbours of 6 years plus?
Come on people...what keeps us all coming here?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well, I frequent ATS regulary although I post very little these days.

Although ATS is very well put together it would be just another site if it were not for the quality the members bring to it and keep bringing to it.

I was pretty much a cynic before coming here and although that cynicism has not deminished I am far wiser as to why the world is the way it is.

I am no longer hoodwinked by the mainstream media, in fact few news stories get by without me criticizing and moaning, and telling those around me what is really being said or left out.

There are times when I wish I had remained ignorant to what is really going on in the world, but I much prefer being a mizog (miserable arse) and knowing the truth.

Thats what ATS has done for me so far.........

new topics

top topics

join