It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wear glasses?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
And....I wouldn't wear contacts either. The thought of sticking a piece of plastic (or whatever they're made of) to my eye sounds grim to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I should be wearing mine right now. I've worn glasses since the second grade, but my vision's really not too bad. Beyond arm's length, everything just slowly blurs out, until I can't see anything clearly. I don't drive, but I suppose that I could drive safely without glasses.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes I do. I strain to read text on screen, and if I didn't wear my glasses I'd have to bump up the text size 4 times to read it clearly.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yep. I wear glasses. I've worn them ever since eighth grade ( I'm 54 years old now) and, to be honest, I hate them. The only thing is that I really enjoy "seeing"! So....I wear them.

I hate pretty well everything about wearing glasses. First off, I hate being dependent upon them. I've had one experience where I lost a pair of glasses while camping and ever since, I always truck around a second pair -- even if they are prescription sunglasses. I would consider it a minor catastrophe of I found myself without them.

I am near sighted so I am dependent upon glasses from driving. But I am also dependent upon them just to see the world around me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blind. I don't wear mammoth, thick lensed glasses. I am just addicted[/i to seeing the world around me.

I have thought about contact lens'. I've even tried wearing "dummy" lens' at the optometrist but I found that they irritate my eyes too much. Perhaps I would get used to the feeling after a time but I just couldn't be bothered.

I am thinking about laser eye-surgery. A friend of mine had his eyes "done" and he had great results -- he now has better than 20/20 vision! I notice that the cost of this operation keeps dropping so I might just wait a while longer and then give it a try.

A previous poster mentioned that laser eye surgery had been linked to decreased night vision. I had heard that as well. So, after a bit of research, I discovered that there have been some advancements made in the surgery and, it would appear that this is no longer an issue. Still, the mere idea of anything messing with my eyes is quite disconcerting but I certainly do like the idea of shedding my eye-glasses.

[edit on 1/6/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join