It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wear glasses?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Do you wear glasses?

I have a drawer full of old glasses that either is an outdated prescription or I have decided they look stupid.

currently I sport either prescription RayBan Wayfarers or rimless bifocals.

I can't stand contacts; never felt comfortable but if I could wear them, I think I would get colored ones that made my eyes look purple.

Without my glasses, my myopia makes everything so blurry that I can't drive safely.

Eyewear is a fashion statement. Tell me about yours or post a pic.

Thanks
whaaa

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I usually wear contacts. I've always wanted to try some coloured ones (blue), but I'm too cheap to spend the money.

My glasses are a pair of beaten up gold wire frames with a missing nosepiece and screws that come undone on their own. If I don't remember to tighten them every couple of days, a lens will fall out while I'm walking down the street. Oh yeah, the lenses are pretty scratched up too.

I'd replace them, but I don't wear them very much so I don't see the point in spending the money.

Did you know that you can give those old glasses to charity? They give them to people who can't afford to buy glasses.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yup I do, bifocals.
But I only need them to see with!
Most likely the government put a micro camera in each lens too

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I too am visually challenged.

I hate contacts as well, they just never felt comfortable for me. They were always hurtin or poppin out of my eyes. I think I look smarter with the glasses anyway
I think one day I will probobly opt for the laser surgery, sometimes you can get better than 20/20 vision! I'll still keep a pair of glasses with non-prescription lenses though, for that intellectual look.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
I think I look smarter with the glasses anyway

That's funny!

On the rare ocassion I wear my glasses, people always say something like 'Wow, they make you look smart'.

Then the backpedaling starts.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I only need them to read so i always have some on when i post here and troll around the Internet.

Fred Sanford couldnt have possibly had as many reading glasses as i do.

I also look smart in my glasses- kinda "bad girl" smart.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

yes i am a four eyes
i am short sighted so i need them to read things that are far away

got two pairs since i am the type to ether break one or lose it

Got one FCUK and a ralph lauren
it was buy one get one free

[edit on 16-12-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I should were glasses ~ it's cost me a flipping bomb over the years in lost and broken glasses, I always feel self concious wearing them for some reason, so every chance I get I take em off and loose them - I'm not a natural glasses wearer, it's the same with watches and jewellery, just can't do it.

I'm actually supposed to wear contacts cos glasses wont correct my vision very well (I have Keratoconus ) but I'm worse with them.

apc

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Black flexons. Do NOT get AR coating from Eyemasters. They use cheap garbage that scratches very easily. There was no point for my getting scratch coated poly's because the AR is on top.

I hate being dependent on glasses to function beyond arms length and I take my glasses off too much for contacts to be practical. I don't like how lasik often trashes night vision. Thinking about that ortho-K system.

>
peektir.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by apc]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm only slightly short-sighted in one eye, with a slight astigmatism in the other eye. I don't really need glasses. But I have a pair which I wear for job interviews. Makes me look smarter, heh.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

apprenty my eyes are the shape of rugby balls

my pairs

i was going to go for the ones without any casing around the lenses but they cost 60-100 more

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yep, I got myself a nice pair. They help me see better and make me look intelligent at the same time, so I'm rather fond of mine.

Besides, without them I'd look like a bumbling monkey.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I’m an astigmatic nerd who wears a plastic Jones New York Eyeglasses J425 (Brown) with Eyesize: 55; Bridge: 17; Temple: 135. My single vision iZon High Resolution Lens (San Diego, CA) has the fine amenities of anti-scratch; anti-glare and UV protection coatings. Total cost with insurance is over $400.00 for one pair.

Furthermore, with the lack of a high-bridged nose, I may need those eyeglass leashes to keep my pair of prescription glasses from slipping. But for the meantime, I’ve squished the nose pad closer together as a temporary fix. This creates dark, bruise-like grooves on the sides of my nose, unfortunately.

I used to wear contact lenses but my already dry eyes protested. The eye drops offered little comfort knowing that something foreign is sticking to my eyes. The daily task of insertion, removal and cleaning got tiresome. But my peripheral vision was better with contact lenses compared to wearing eyeglasses, by the way.

I’ve tried grey tinted contact lenses that made my dark brown eyes almost light, purplish blue. The responses from people were more positive with my lighter eyes that with my natural eye color. If only I could afford that laser eye surgery, I’m sure I’d be able to see the world much better than hiding behind my corrective lenses.

So when and if I could get rid of my old ‘back-up’ pairs, I would definitely donate those to my local optometrist for those persons in the most need of looking like Ugly Betty. Hehehe!

[edit on 16-12-2007 by pikypiky]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yep, I wear glasses. Bi-focals to be exact. The are Smart Clip by Elite #228. I tried posting a picture but couldn't get into their website.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wear reading glasses. I can almost never find them when I need them, and they are always on top of my head. So why can't I ever find them?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I will donate my old glasses to charity. Even my $150 Polo frames that make me look like a dork. What was I thinking?

I have some vintage plastic frames that I found at Goodwill and would love to have lenses put in them but I'm afraid that the plastic is so old, that the very act of putting the lenses in them world wreak the whole deal.

I hate not being able to see without glasses.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Coke bottle lenses. Though with the new fangled plastic lenses, they're not nearly so thick anymore...thank god.

I'm so near sighted, mr. magoo tells me to watch out for stuff...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Contacts, I don't care if my eyes are red and burning, ill never wear glasses!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I wear glasses. Not too strong...for distance. I use them mostly for driving and watching TV. They are Joseph Abboud frames (kind of tortoise shellish) and the lenses get dark when you go outside (whatever you call that). So they turn into sunglasses outside.....

I also own four pairs of RayBan sunglasses. I love RayBans!! I have an old pair of WayFarers and three others....all cool.

I also bought a pair of cheaters for about $10 for reading. The eyes just ain't what they used to be!!

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yep/... I have never been able to bring myself to wear contacts, The thought of putting something in my eye makes me cringe. Hell, I don't even use eye drops.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join