It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you survive against a Flood, Virus, Freezing, Burning and World War.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The world has these catastrophes and you are experiencing it from where you are now...

Which are the best places for man kind to be in these situations? Fly to space and Hope? What about a normal person where would they run too or which is the best place in the following events.

A virus that will kill 98% of the time it's on the news even the news broadcasters are afraid to leave no food no where to run. Who will make it on earth?

The sun is heating up and will make the Earth 150 C degrees heat and will stay like this for the next 100 years, who will survive and where is the best location?

The earth ends up spininng out of the solar system and starts freezing, which location on Earth would you like to be?

An alien War or Invation.

World War all out nukes every nation, you in the middle and the percentage of life left after is estimating a wipe out of 100% you must do something.

A great flood all the sea comes into the land, every bit of land is being covering, your country is next and it's the last one?

[edit on 15-12-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
HAHA, you'd think I'd be prepared, but in all honesty I am not prepared for the worst to come... so I suppose I'll just ride it out just like I do with everyday circumstances, cause you can't really prepare for all of that to happen, you might think you are, but many people live in sub standard living, meaning, not enough safe storage space to be totally prepared. I just know that I'm prepared to handle what is thrown at me.... cause alas, that's where Friends come in and Family.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If you were in a space shuttle and Earth was being destroyed this way you wait a few months and try and get back some how.

Obviously getting back on a solid ice planet would be dangerous but you run out of water.

Or you want to get back but you are not sure the virus is dead yet and only 6 people in the shuttle to repopulate the Earth. Sounds very Noah type.

Guess it's a bit of movie all these they sound interesting guess that is why they make them about thse events. My questions could be too long for people to write but if you had a profession would going into space be Man's last hope?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Some things are just plain non survivable. I think that if faced with all that you laid out there, I'd look back at my life, know and appreciate that it's been one helluva ride and get ready to meet eternity. Might as well get philosophical. Nothing that would physically support life would be left.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatus

except your cool pet Semper, it would survive another turn of global events.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WalkOn

Thanks. That's one of those lucky shots. About 5 years ago I was traveling west going across country on I-80 and spotted that life size iron sculpture in a pasture on the north side of the freeway. I don't think you can tell very well in a low resolution avatar but it's a tomahawk weilding skeleton of a man leading a dinosaur skeleton. That combined with the color in the sky and the overhanging dark cloud made a powerful statement in my opinion. I used a polarizing filter and the picture is un-retouched. Like I said,,,,,lucky shot.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The only other way is to be one of a few people who is left, find and to find a way to collect what human genes are being preserved even if people were instantly frozen you could maybe take it from there if lets say you are the only one left. But the other things I mentioned are hard to survive like fire and nuclear wars but there are ways, and maybe even Mars would be safer at that point than Earth so there is hope even if little.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If it was a flood, I'd get a big boat and cover the top in 5 gallon buckets for rain water, and start a kelp farm. And a fishery. If it was a virus, I'd hide out in the Okefenokee Swamp. Honestly, who in their right mind would try and live there? If it was freezing, I'd get a nice warm jacket and go polar bear hunting. If it was going to be 150C, I'd stick my head between my knees and kiss my *** goodbye. That's just unsurvivable. And if there was a war, I would once again venture into the Okefenokee Swamp and live off alligator and frog legs until the aliens finished sucking everyones brains out and left.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I like the last post, it kind of sums it up, but i don't think the 150C is impossible because you could always go under ground if any land is left after all the ice has melted. The only thing to do is to use a submarine with maybe something that turns water in air as it moves along and an energy suppley if you need it.

Then another device that catches fish underwater so you can live off the deep sea fish or where the water cools down if 150c does not boil it over. Okay guess it could boil if it was lasting for many months let alone years. Lets say it lasted a few weeks and maybe a year did not effect it the whole under sea.

Anyway hope it gives people some imagination there, and many people do think about these things that is the creative lot who do the books and the movies.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I seriously need to pack my # and move to Russia. You know them Russians they will always survive.Vodka, amazing ladies etc on top of all Siberia is the safest place to go too, in case of any global cataclysm happening to earth, Siberia will survive due to it's location. Flood would certainly avoid it. Learn Russian fellas...

top topics

join