It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You meet God and find out it's not from your faith, now what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Lets say you die and wake up to find God in some bright light, he annouces him self to you.

You listen and to his introduction and find out that his name of his teaching is ..... but you are from another faith or belief, who would your religion treat them?

Christianity

Islamic

Hindu

Athiest... Neutral

Sikhism

Buddhism

The one conciousness all people ...

Alien ... seed planted here thousands of years ago.

Or another Apostate religion of your own as your interpretation was wrong.

------------------------------------------------

How will you be judged if your faith was wrong or you never believed at all all, What will God say next....

Who do you fear the most and who would you prefer?

[edit on 15-12-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If it turns out that God is petty enough to have a narrow minded set of teachings shown only in a specific religion, then I'll opt for the reincarnation. Seriously, I can do better then Christianity, Islam or most other religions on my own. Why should the all powerful creator be burdened by their restrictions?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
if he's the god of an organized religion i'd ask for oblivion in fact if he is even comprehendable i'd ask for oblivion the minute the mystery has gone then so has the interest

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Maybe because lets say it's a type of Judgement and you have done wrong in life or your wrong faith alone is bad enough to get you to hell, which would you feel the fear most?

What if God says ok I am fair I will judge you to your own faith anyway.

You end up being judged by your own extreamist version because that was your last state of mind. Or you were a good person and are judged by own moral codes. Guess there is an irony in the fairness.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i presume this god would be of an infinite age and wisdom so too judge me would be like me judging a mayfly on its morality in its brief life time, a morality which i made up and have not even told the mayfly which wouldnt comprehend it in the first place, so i would probably still ask for oblivion because a god of my choice wouldn't judge

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
.EDITED

[edit on 15/12/2007 by wyldwylly]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Well, since there really is only One True GOD.
And, since we live in a world that has Many Faiths all pointing to the Same One True GOD.
I believe we will all be Judged how HE sees FIT.
But if you have Faith in Jesus Christ (or however you wish to spell it), all Judgements will be erased and you will live in the Light of the Lord for all Eternity.

So, I'd answer this as, Have Faith in GOD's Son and you'll be ok.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by WalkOn]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
To live the short life we live isn't long enough in my opinion, but what ever happens and I'm judged then I take full responsibility for my life and what I've done during it. What can you do?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The Biblical judgements is that Jesus's followers get a free 1000 year VIP ticket and are judged on merit.

The second Judgment after 1000 years if for the non believers who are judged on the their wrongs in life. Some will be okay but would have missed out on a few things while the rest go into another fase where it looks quite negative for them if you were bad too without faith.

It's not too well known a fact all this but I guess God of the Bible sounds less of a Hellish extreamist as it sounds more fair. Oh and Jesus acts as your Lawer too anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkOn

And, since we live in a world that has Many Faiths all pointing to the Same One True GOD.
But if you have Faith in Jesus Christ (or however you wish to spell it), all Judgements will be erased and you will live in the Light of the Lord for all Eternity.

Hmm I wonder if Hitler did that the second before he died...... you know accepted jesus.........wow what a great religion just believe and do what you please...its all forgiven..right?

[edit on 15-12-2007 by luxor311]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxor311

Originally posted by WalkOn

REPLY BY WALON:

Hmm I wonder if Hitler did that the second before he died...... you know accepted jesus.........wow what a great religion just believe and do what you please...its all forgiven..right?

[edit on 15-12-2007 by luxor311]

REPLY TO LEXOR311:

I do not know because Hitler will have to stand trial maybe with all his victims too if it's that type of Judgement like on Earth.

It could be a one on one with a victim so he may feel guility and try and get them to Heaven if that is the case and with Jesus's help if the victim were not Christians. Things are not as blunt as they seem, It could just mean Jesus will try and save you and will always win but the judgement will be bad so Hitler may end up with 20,000,000 million people to get through, and how long will that take him to stand trial with each of them and try and get them to heaven too on his behalf and explain he was at fault but was saved also. He has to plead with Jesus to help them I think so the process will be like hell too? It does not sound good either but then again this is a guess.

Things may not be as clear as they sound and guess witnesses are needed too as presedure by the law. This going back to fairness, of God judging us against our own belief systems. God knows everything but we don't as we don't have the choice of not knowing the outcomes. Nothing is easy on that day and even if you are saved you still may be a witness to another Judgement.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Your answer totally contradicts your previous statement...much like the bible tends to contradict its self..

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Interesting question. I don't think religion will be a factor for judgement. I think a person is judged individualy on actions and thoughts.

Since religion is sometimes related to certain cultures and races, I think your question hints at God being some sort of racist.

What if you get to heaven and are judged based on whether or not you believed God is a he or a she? Seems sort of silly, doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I expect this to happen, or that God will speak to each in their own language or religion, because mankind cannot get it perfectly right all the time.

For instance, Christians say being Christian is the only way to Salvation. I disagree. I think you can know Christ and not be a Christian, or not know Christ, but live a good, moral, life, and then you will know Christ in the afterlife.

This is of course Heretical ..

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

as an atheist, i'll just have to say "not enough evidence in my life, but it looks like i was wrong."

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

as an atheist, i'll just have to say "not enough evidence in my life, but it looks like i was wrong."

Wrong about what? Have you now become a believer or did I miss the joke? people experience God in different ways but they are all the same experiences, you may feel like the world is like the Matrix of creation played by God because you begin to see the glitches, or shall we say the fine details of a jigsaw.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
One thing to think is of Universal laws and how God relates to it, from Biblical numbers that match natures designs to the summing up of Hebrew texts that words and numbers have similar patterns. But that is another form of evidence but not enough to all.

God will have come down to your level and he has shown that Biblically too, that is why some things seem odd because in order for mentalities to understand he has convince people in different ways and compromise. You can not tell a 5 year old an instruction the same way you tell a 20 year old so you may have to water down your fatherly ways if they were your children in telling them something. But in all that you will find complex structures in what is documented in Biblical pasts and futures that make it that much more special.

The Bible does state that the people who never know of the New Testament will be judged by merit, and maybe the kids that die get to live and grow up in the judgement it self maybe they won't maybe they end up just being and Angel.

But some religions demand a strict rule, God did man a favour and now you do him a favour. But many religions say that too and do people if the case of it being a wrong faith fear one Judgement over another.

It's a bit like smoking Weed, in Holland it's not against the law, in the UK its not so bad anymore and in China or some where it's probably strict? The laws are different. But which law would you fear the most and which religious law would let you off for your sinful enjoyments?

No one has to answer this by naming religions, even thinking it to your self is a good thought to ponder.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Who do you fear the most and who would you prefer?

I fear none of it nor do I have any preferences. I have no religion. Only GOD.

All you need is one and the way I understand it, ONE size fits ALL.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think if God is all wise then He/She (maybe God doesn't have a gender)wouldn't care what belief system we had. The question would be did we do the best we could under the circumstances we had to deal with? If the answer was no we'd have an opportunity to rectify what we did wrong.

I've thought about reincarnation. I like the idea but I'm sceptical.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
For the sake of illustration purposes:

If I meet, say, an apple (God) and it’s not from my faith of orange worshipers, there would be no comparison. I would try and learn what makes the difference between the almighty apple and the orange worshippers. I’m sure eating and enjoying both types of fruit wouldn’t hurt at all.

Each person should be the judge (not God) as to which of the different ‘religions’, like various selections of fruits at our markets, ‘taste’ better. Can you imagine eating the same kind of fruit everyday? I think not.

Noone should fear or take any particular preference to treat one type of fruit as being better or wrong over the other. This is simply not realistic. It’s like being forced to eat something that wouldn’t sit well with the stomach.

So if I really meet God, all I could do is admit, there is not a single fruit that I never did like to eat. I happen to like banana anytime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join