It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross report lambastes Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Red Cross report lambastes Israel

www.theglobeandmail.com

The Red Cross report said "severe restrictions" imposed by Israel have denied Palestinians their right to dignified, normal lives. It highlighted Israel's economic stranglehold on Gaza and the system of roadblocks that has chopped the West Bank into disconnected pieces, cutting farmers off from their lands and preventing free movement.

"Palestinians continuously face hardship in simply going about their lives..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Well.

This is a rather big deal. I'm surprised it hasn't been posted yet. The Red Cross is usually very careful about being involved in politics, but they've really cut loose here.

Whatcha think?

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
No comments?

Well, I'll go ahead with my own then;

This underscores how wrong things are in Israel and should be serving as a wakeup call to all those people who think that the Israeli regime is the innocent victim of irrational terrorism.

While it's true that Palestinian terrorism is a horrible thing, maybe you can understand why those people choose to resort to violence in the face of draconian repression.

I honestly believe that it is long overdue for the Israeli Regime to be removed from the pages of time.

That said, I hope beyond hope that the people can rise to a level of tolerance, understand, and humanity where both peoples can share one land. Separate states is just asking for continued violence.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I respectfully disagree with pretty much everything you said about Israel, but there are many other threads where we can discuss that issue. As for the Red Cross, they have historically been apolitical but have lost their objectivity on some issues lately - not just on Israel. It is sad to say, but I don't know if it is possible for any organization to be truly apolitical any more. There is just too much influence from media and big money groups on all issues.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The Israeli / Palestenian situation is very complicated to me. I don't know what a good solution would be. I absolutely think that Israel should be forced to treat the Palestenians better, but the Palestenians should also stop with the suicide bombings. They are both tied together, I don't necessarily think that the bombings would stop if Israel treated them better, because there are too many other Middle Eastern nations that have a vested interest in wanting Israel dissolved.

In my opinion, as long as Israel is a state, there will never be peace in the middle east.

The question is, what do you propose for Israel? I don't think there is a simple answer.

top topics

join