It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light + sound= new weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Light + Sound = New Weapon

Military funded researchers are preparing to test a nonlethal weapon that combines light and sound. Nicholas C. Nicholas, chief scientist of Penn State's Applied Research Laboratory, told an audience yesterday at a nonlethal weapons conference that in the first half of next year, the lab plans to test DSLAD, the Distributed Sound and Light Array Debilitator. It'll use essentially off the shelf technology to see if combining aversive noises with light produce some special debiliating effects. Anecdotal effects include dizziness and loss of balance, and of course, nausea. In other words, DSLAD could be another potential "puke ray."

new weapon funded by pentagon

I want to know who the hell they plan on testing this on. I have always wondered who were the unlucky ones to get the chance to be bombarded with these "non-lethal weapons".

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The military always tests it's less than lethal weapons, when it comes time for field trials, on volunteers. And yes there are volunteers, not everyone is "afraid" or against the development of less than lethal alternatives.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Interesting. Sounds like what D4rk Kn1ght has been talking about. Hearing and seeing things that aren't real.

Stay tuned.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
not everyone is "afraid" or against the development of less than lethal alternatives.

I could understand the "Afraid" part, But why in the world would anyone be against the creation of a less than lethal weapon? Id rather be laying in a pool of my own vomit than dead.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
By definintion we are considered weapons, we hold light, frequency, tones, vibrations and we are an endless supply of energy.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think it will be great.

What I wonder, however, is how many decibles you could get it to...I think around 250 will level a house.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Light and sound? The ultimate defence: shut your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears. Better than ceramic-plated bullet proof vests!

new topics

top topics

join