It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney general won't share info of the destroyed CIA tapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Attorney general won't share info of the destroyed CIA tapes

www.cnn.com

Meanwhile, CIA Inspector General John Helgerson and assistant Attorney General Kenneth Wainstein urged the House Select Committee on Intelligence to abandon its investigation of the tape destruction.

That inquiry would interfere with the inspector general and Justice Department's own investigation, they said in a letter to committee Chairman Silvestre Reyes, D-Texas, and ranking Republican member Peter Hoekstra, R-Michigan.

"We cannot estimate how long this process will take or where it will lead, but pledge to advise you as soon as we conclude that our efforts are no longer at risk or that these requests can be fulfilled without jeopardizing our inquiry," the letter reads.

The tapes -- showing then-newly approved "alternative" interrogation techniques -- were recorded in 2002, CIA Director Michael Hayden said earlier this month in a letter to CIA employees
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i am submitting this because i do not believe that osama bin laden or al queda are real. just imagine how much the government can get away by useing them as a scapegoat. that would explain many things.
i dont like how there are also others that want to "drop" the investigation.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join