It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope condemns the climate change prophets of doom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

The Pope condemns the climate change prophets of doom

www.dailymail.co.uk

Pope Benedict XVI has launched a surprise attack on climate change prophets of doom, warning them that any solutions to global warming must be based on firm evidence and not on dubious ideology.

The leader of more than a billion Roman Catholics suggested that fears over man-made emissions melting the ice caps and causing a wave of unprecedented disasters were nothing more than scare-mongering.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This is too rich - the pope goes on to say that the international community should base its policies on science rather than dogma.

Considering the source, it seems more than a tad hypocritical that the word dogma should be introduced.

The new pope seems determined to court controversy.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

This is too rich - the pope goes on to say that the international community should base its policies on science rather than dogma.

You're right.
Sorry for the useless post but I can't help myself from posting this:

!!! LOL !!!

[/SARCASM]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The Pope! What a cheek! Could it be that he's protecting the business interests of Opus Dei? Could be, but could also be that I'm way off the mark.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Galileo Eat Your Heart Out

My, how far we've come that we now have the Pope promoting science and scientists promoting faith.

Irony abounds.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I am not catholic and have been suspicious of them for a long time.
But this new pope is seemingly very different than his predecessors. He has an agenda but I'm not sure it is saving souls.

Strangely I find myself agreeing with him on many issues. IMO global warming is a natural happening and is being used by the powers that be to detract from other more serious problems.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
[conspiracy angle]
The present US administration has depended on the religious Right for their past successes.

Their concerns over tanking citizen polls have undermined their hopes in the upcoming election next year.

An appeal to the pope was made by senior administration in the hopes that it will bolster the religious Right in backing them again, especially in regard to the Climate Change conference in Bali.
[/conspiracy angle]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yup - posted about this angle before, here.
I find it interesting that the interests of two of the most corrupt/shady agencies on earth overlap so often - and when they don't, something usually appears from out of the vatican which contains a not very hidden message.

Of course, lots of people will take this at face value, but is it merely coincidence that it's come at the same time as the US is getting flak from the international community about GW?
I don't think so.

join