It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Time Seems to Slow Down in Emergencies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Time is but a perception relative to a person. I perceive one year to be one month, one month to be a week, one week to be a day, and a day to be an hour.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
good topic op

I have had this experience a few times before and a few times i "extended" the time stopping but i don't know how i did it..

kind of remind me of the "matrix" movie when the main character dodges the bullets.

one time, I was walking to my car through a parking lot and my car was parked all the way in the back, and i was alone by myself of course and so I was kind of scared of getting beat up or robbed and little did i know, along the way some huge 6'+ guy ran up to me and pushed me and started shouting and I was like "wtf?" and i wasn't about to try to fight back or anything so I ran towards the local bar that had security guards over there.

so this is where time "slowed down" for me, i like went to fight or flight mode and obviously used the flight mode and i sprinted towards the local bar and I like dodge the guy running behind me and i knew he was right on my "a$$" so I took a sharp left turn running and i jumped over the street onto the lower level parking and i felt like i was in the air for minutes and i couldn't hear myself breathing or anymore noise, everything just went very slow
and then i finally hit the floor and i took a sharp deep breath and shot straight to the door and there were a whole bunch of people in the front and on the street and i just ran through them like nothing, i stared at each and everyone of their faces and they couldn't like "feel" my prescence there or something i just flew through and when i got to the security guard and everyone looked back and heard a bunch of "wow that guy ran pretty quick i didn't even see him run past us, how did he get past us like that?"

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yes ! Awesome topic. I remember back in boys scouts when I was playing at a friends house. He had a tree house with a rope latter and the works. We were playing army and I was climbing the ladder with a play machine gun in one hand. Right before I got to the top I slipped and lost my grip and fell about 12 feet to the ground. The ladder was one of two and the one I was on was on the outside of the tree house that led to the deck.

On the ground all the way around the tree house was bricks that were angled with the point of them sticking out the highest off the ground. Well when I fell the front of my left leg on the shin hit the bricks and a chunk of meat about a 1/2 inch thick and an inch wide tore out. AS I got up and went to the garage area where the parents were, time seem to slow down alot. I didn't know I was hurt that bad until I pulled my pant leg up and saw the huge hole in my leg with a little bone missing too. My parents were not there and it seemed like it took 2 to 3 hours for them to get there along with an ambulance.

I found out later that week that my parents were there in about 10 minutes and the ambulance arrived right before that. That whole time from my parents, the ambulance, the ride to the hospital and putting that chunk of meat and bone back in my leg felt like forever. And when they gave me a shot for the pain which I never really felt, it went slower. It's amazing what our brains can do when were in danger or in my case probably shock. But all was well and my scar is all to show for it now.

<< 1   >>

join