It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Musmlim Gets Beaten For Not Wanting To Wear Hijab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A 16 year old teenage girl got strangled by her 57 year old father for not wanting to wear her Hijab.

Article

A 16-year-old girl is in critical condition after being choked by a man believed to be her father, apparently after a dispute with her family over her refusal to wear the hijab, the Islamic headscarf worn by some Muslim women.

I have nothing to say... This has gone way too far. I think they take religous beliefs to a new level.

What do you guys think?

-Jimmy-

Lame...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Religious brainwashing.... all religions make me sick. Do you hear about Christian kids getting severely beaten for not wanting to go to church???

Nope.

This seems like they are making light of Muslim extremism only, and "Look at how evil Muslim fathers are compared to us good calm non-violent white American Christians."

They can say a lot without saying what the indended message conveyed is.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is what happens when people use religion to opress everyting from education to freedom of expression. The more devout someone is the more willing they are to consider murder as negociable. What better way to prove your loyalty to that inivisable supreme being they call god. Or could it be that this person just dispieses anything or anyone non muslum. So much so that he was willing to kill is own child out of spite for western influence.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just read in the Australian the girl had died due to be strangled.

Terrible, just sickening!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Let's categorize this under "religious extremism in general, and why religion should be dismantled" I personally know several people who used to get beat for not wanting to go to church, or do certain religious things.
If parents discipline their kids for not following their hollow ignorant belief systems, someone should ring THEIR necks. Their kids are not their property to mold as they see fit.

This does not mean we need to further intrude upon the private lives of citizens, but it definitely shows that people need to be informed of the ills of religion, and the difference between spirituality/universal knowledge and the mechanism that tries to narrow and control that universal knowledge flow, called religion.

If that girl died, I feel very sorry for her... but just add it to the list of billions of people over the past two thousand years who have died "In the name of..."

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Let's categorize this under "religious extremism in general, and why religion should be dismantled" I personally know several people who used to get beat for not wanting to go to church, or do certain religious things.
If parents discipline their kids for not following their hollow ignorant belief systems, someone should ring THEIR necks. Their kids are not their property to mold as they see fit.

This does not mean we need to further intrude upon the private lives of citizens, but it definitely shows that people need to be informed of the ills of religion, and the difference between spirituality/universal knowledge and the mechanism that tries to narrow and control that universal knowledge flow, called religion.

If that girl died, I feel very sorry for her... but just add it to the list of billions of people over the past two thousand years who have died "In the name of..."

My parents have never forced me to believe in anything whatsoever. I have never gotten even yelled at for not believing in the same thing as them. Is it because Muslims really take to religion? Why?

-jimmy-

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimmy910130

um... not all muslims do this. i know muslim girls that don't wear it, i know muslim girls that dress like cheap hookers, and i know muslim girls that wear the traditional garb.

it's all a matter of degrees, like any religion. there are the reasonable ones and then there are the crazy ones.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Religious brainwashing.... all religions make me sick. Do you hear about Christian kids getting severely beaten for not wanting to go to church???

Nope.

Really? I have. So I guess you are wrong, especially since it only takes a single person to say they have seen such a thing to make your answer of "nope" as wrong. It would have been more accurate to say "Did I hear about Xtians..." and then say "nope." Otherwise, you appear to be speaking for everyone, which is a pretty large assumption.

This is sad, but even sadder that it's being used to put even more bad light on a religion. When Xtianity was the same age as Islam, it was just as cruel, if not more. Even today it's a cruel religion.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Yes I totally agree with you. It is like scientologists, we have a couple member who are scientologists, which I know they aren't capable of murders, but then we here of extremists who kill because one didn,t want to give them money, or wanted to quit the religion.

But what goes through ones head, especailly when he's stragnling his daughter? ' You won't wear this hat to honor (whoever, Mohammed or Allah) so I will torture you so you learn a lesson' What does this religion promise to have someone stragnle their own daughter?!?! Why would anybody love a God rather then there own child? I just can't get it off my head.

-Jimmy-

new topics

top topics

join