It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Priorities.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hey guys.. This is my first post..
Me and my friend were talking yesterday, he said he went to his college class and his Professor was talking about our budgeting with the "War on Terrorism."
I live up in Northern California, and he said for such high attention on this "war," Northern California is very, heavily, unguarded.
In area's such as Shasta Dam, any visitor could find their way into any place of the dam they chose to go. This is Southern California's water supply, a good portion of their electricity, and their flood safety. It's removal, would surely mean.. serious problems. He spoke about a gas line near I-5 that extends through California, left completely vulnerable. If someone decided to attack such a weak link, the effects could be completely devastating, and it's so easy for someone to do so. Now, I'm definitely not saying we need to hire more authorities to enforce, but we need to increase our awareness of such potential areas, because some of our spending on this "war" is Ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, R3DSH1FT, I hope you find the questions and amswers you are looking for here. You'll definately find the debates intriguing, that's for certain.
As to your opening post, I think you'll find two schools of thought on this. The first being that the Government of the US is the "Terrorists" and since they find no advantage in targeting these intallations at the moment, they are safe...for now. When you start to actually see a security presence at such places is when you have to worry.

The other thought on this could very well be that, by pointing out the vulnerable places in America, as you have, you help to bring new ideas to the terrorists agenda. A new target or two to the table, so to speak.

I, myself, seem to lead towards the former. That our Government has created the situation we are in. To ultimately profit from the tightening of security and the fear that has been created. To wrench away the freedoms that we enjoy by suspending the Bill of Rights in small doses.

That is, of course, MY opinion.

Again, welcome to ATS.
Cuhail

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I agree that there are many unguarded places in the United States however
I don't believe that creating inconvenience for people and businesses is going to help , you have to realize that all of the security at the airport still will not stop an attack if your number is up your number is up and no amount of security is going to stop this you will just face mounting inconveniences at every turn of the corner and still you will have terrorism...

That said I also think that the government is using this situation not unlike holiday shopping it is a way to keep a nearly stagnant economy afloat for just a little longer

Oh yeah and welcome to ATS

Respectfully
GEO

[edit on 12/13/2007 by geocom]

join