It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Director's Close Protection Officers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I do not yet have permission to upload pictures on ATS, but I wanted to share this picture from the news. This picture is in the public domain and in no way violates OPSEC.

img527.imageshack.us...

This picture shows the Director of the CIA arriving to testify about the destroyed water boarding tapes. I thought it would be of special interest to the ATS members. The device on top of the SUV is unlike any equipment I've seen. It's mounted to the roof racks on both sides, so it does not appear to be any kind of gunner's hatch. Instead, it resembles some sort of communications technology (satellite or otherwise). There are also a number of smaller, conventional antennae sprouting from the roof.

Also, the close protection officers seen in the photo (note the earpieces and long coats under which are probably concealed submachine guns or carbines) are somewhat of a mystery. Exactly who they are is somewhat of a mystery, but chances are good that they work for security at Langley. They could be Federal Protective Officers.

You can bet on that Chevy being armored, but the open door looks suspiciously thin, as though it is a regular door. Typically, armored vehicles are very obvious when doors are open or windows are down. However, if you look at the frame of the door just above the Director's head, you can see it looks slightly "beefed up".

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That "strange device" on top of the SUV is a simple satellite television disc, available to the public for about $2500....it allows television reception inside the vehicle. TRACVISION makes it, and can come in handy when the passengers in the vehicle want to tune in to CNN, or FOX if they don't care to view the Clinton News Network.

As far as the antennas, no big deal there, either. Just communication and cell phone antennas.

My SUV looks almost the same as this one...no big deal here.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that this is my first time posting on ATS. I've been an avid reader of the site for years, but finally bit the bullet and signed up.

To the OP: it shouldn't be a surprise that the DCI would have armed security, possibly even Secret Service protection. After all, this person has a very high National Security clearance, and with all the kooks out there who hate America, he is in constant danger. Sure, they have their earpieces and most likely are armed with fully automatic weapons.

Now that I'm a member...time to visit some other pages for further comments.....

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
All VIPs, DCIs included have what is called a PSD, or Personal Security Detail. Government Execs, diplomatic and foreign ambassadors and representatives have a security detail, these days it seems to be the in thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Oh, I didn't think it was too strange. I figured the dish was commo gear. It's all just command and control gear. You can't have the director of the CIA out of contact. Thought you guys might enjoy the pic, that's all.

I've worked in a field that gave me the privilege of knowing PSD guys. The ones I have known are incredibly professional and do important work.

reply to post by LiamStemrad

top topics

join