It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hello all, i'm a new member on here although i've been reading this forum for a while now. Any thoughts on this article?

www.reasoned.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think it has just a good chance, as any other theroy. I trully feel anything is possibal if you could "free your mind"

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
All that you are aware of is simply your perception of it: what you see, what you touch, everything that exists to you is experienced in your consciousness. Could it be that nothing actually has a physical existence, but only seems that way because you believe it to be so

How would this explain interaction between two persons?

The people that populate your world are illusions: some are the people you knew when you died, and you continue to create a believable storyline for them; others are people you encountered, but do not clearly remember, that you insert into your ethereal existence to continue to have new experiences: which are simply past experiences rearranged to seem fresh. Occasionally, your subconscious mind uses something that isn't buried quite deep enough; and you have an uneasy feeling that you have met the person before, or that this exact event occurred in your past; but you quickly dismiss this as deja vu.

And the Author of this is just an Illusion?

I understand what this " Theory " is stipulating, but its old.

Every man's world picture is and always remains a construct of his mind, and cannot be proved to have any other existence. Erwin Schrodinger.

Its only when one begins to realize that we construct the world in " us ", and not the world constructing " Us "

Deep

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
All that you are aware of is simply your perception of it: what you see, what you touch, everything that exists to you is experienced in your consciousness. Could it be that nothing actually has a physical existence, but only seems that way because you believe it to be so

How would this explain interaction between two persons?

Just as you would explain dreams I guess.

The people that populate your world are illusions: some are the people you knew when you died, and you continue to create a believable storyline for them; others are people you encountered, but do not clearly remember, that you insert into your ethereal existence to continue to have new experiences: which are simply past experiences rearranged to seem fresh. Occasionally, your subconscious mind uses something that isn't buried quite deep enough; and you have an uneasy feeling that you have met the person before, or that this exact event occurred in your past; but you quickly dismiss this as deja vu.

And the Author of this is just an Illusion?

This seems like a cheap explanation of dejavu. Dejavu isn't anything mysterious at all. It has to do with the fact that there is a short delay between reality and the time the brain infact renders your perception of reality for your soul. This is also why prophecy can work in realtime, and how I believe it is possible to proove the Earth and the whole universe is flat or cubic.

I understand what this " Theory " is stipulating, but its old.

Every man's world picture is and always remains a construct of his mind, and cannot be proved to have any other existence. Erwin Schrodinger.

Its only when one begins to realize that we construct the world in " us ", and not the world constructing " Us "

Deep

Nick Bostrom, PhD at Philosophy Faculty, Oxford University is looking "into the idea that you might currently be literally living in a computer simulation, running on a computer built by some advanced civilization. Films like The Matrix and novels like Greg Egan's Permutation City have explored the idea that we might be living in virtual reality." Source

As you understand ideas like these are not new at all. When I was a young kid I suddenly came to some kind of awakening, a state I now call "suddenly present", where I recall having the first really deep philosophic idea in my life: What if all of this is just happening in my mind? What if all these people are just products of my imagination? I could have been between four and six years old.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Hamilton]

top topics

join