It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My college is on lock down, and 6 kids have been shot in LV!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ok so, i turned on the tv this evening and another shooting has taken place. 6 young kids were shot while getting off of a school bus in Las Vegas. what the hell is going on?

and to top it all off, i go to Northern Illinois University. Our whole campus was on lockdown and closed on monday because someone posted something in one of the dorm bathrooms that they were going to shoot up the school. they dont have the person yet....but what they said was pretty discusting.

here is what was written.

"nigg**s go home!" "This semester will end hastily" "the v-tech shooters had it wrong, they only had one shooter" "die cem ber 10th. hlm std cnt. WATCH"
just so you know hlm std cnt refers to the holmes student center....its where alot of students congregate.

naturally, people are very upset. this is getting a little crazy. just in case you dont believe me...
you can go to www.niu.edu

click on the Campus security alert on the first page that is highlighted in yellow. and scroll down. it is full of updates going from now til the 10th, so you will have to scroll down the page to see the initial warning.

here is one of the snippets from my college's website concerning the matter:

12/9/07 6:45 p.m. NIU officials are investigating a threat posted late Saturday evening in a campus residence hall which included a racial slur and references to the Virginia Tech shootings.

Written in black ink on a restroom wall in the Grant Towers D complex were two separate entries claiming that “things will change most hastily” in the final days of the current semester.

“Tell those n---ers to go home,” the first entry reads. “ME / OUT … Die Sem Burr 10th … Hmz Sdn Cr.” Officials believe the text message-style shorthand refers to “December 10” and “Holmes Student Center.” Underlined letters within the first entry spell out the word “WATCH.”

Following the initial entry is a second set of comments reading “What time? The VA tech shooters messed up w/ having only one shooter …”

i know that whenever one shooter comes out like in columbine or v-tech there are copy cats...but with those two shootings people just made threats they never followed through. ever since that guy took hillarys office, we have had shooting after shooting. this is freaking me out.

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Wow, that is disgusting and i would be angry too in your position.

if i were you, just shut up and keep to yourself, you dont know whos watching or hearing you. Wait till this blows over or when they catch the person. I bid you luck and positivity, stay safe.

Its really unfortuante these things are becoming ramapant and commonplace, we dont know whats going to happen next.....

Makes you really fear society like never before......

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
yep. thats pretty much what i am doing jar. there is alot of tension out here...although most people are being really supportive. still....i dont like the idea that they have let us back on campus, especially since i live in a dorm here. (although i drive back 45 minutes to rockford on the weekend to my parents house)

but i mean, since they wrote the 10th dont you think it is unlikely they will do anything now since the day has passed and security are everywhere?

Thanks,
Digitalgrl

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Well, you should still be on your toes. Always be aware of the exits and keep your eyes open for any strange behaviour. Have a plan on what you would do if something happens. Don't be caught by surprise.

These are crazy times. 4 seperate shooting incidents and a bomb threat / hostage situation in under 2 weeks?

I sincerely hope nothing happens at your school.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
so far so good. still havent found the people who made the threat...so that means they are still lerking around the school...creeps me out. friday is the last day...so here hoping everything goes smoothly

thanks for your concern

Digitalgrl

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is it me, or are these "lockdowns" not reasonably necessary. More people were killed at my *JUNIOR* high school than at Columbine. My junior high school did not make news because the kids killing eachother were not white. On days kids were shot, the whole campus continued to function as if nothing happened. Now that a couple of white kids got killed at some school somewhere, the whole nation is on "lockdown."

My kindergarten-aged niece was recently traumatized because her school was put on lock down because a bank robbery occured 2 miles away! The teachers told her a "scary man could come and hurt them."

When I was in college, kids frequently phoned in bomb threats so they could avoid taking exams. when this happened, they just asked everybody to get up, leave the building, and take the exam outside. There was no "lockdown."

In short, the whole "lockdown" practice does little to save lives. A deranged and determined killer will easily break through your lockdown. It does create inconvenience and trauma in children. Most importantly, "lockdowns" foster insidious feelings of fear and paranoia in everyone. Such feelings may be exploited to further agendas that will limit are freedoms.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Not another "Kill others, kill yourself later" news.

This is getting out of control really

[edit on 12-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It maybe too far out to accept but do not rule out demonic activity spreading like fire on man kind in a big way. They trying to kill the faith ban the cross and yet we end up with classic demonic rampages with people without stable souls. It will get like this i'm afraid, man will slay each other this is what Jesus said before his coming too.

You don't have to believe this but I will add a angle in which maybe some may know or are willing to understand.

It's a sad fact but sometimes you have to look at it as a whole picture and we can blame the media or the music and TV, but we also blame the fact people are lacking self decipline and finding too much inner importance that neglects feelings for other people if not what they are too.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Well, you should still be on your toes. Always be aware of the exits and keep your eyes open for any strange behaviour. Have a plan on what you would do if something happens. Don't be caught by surprise.

These are crazy times. 4 seperate shooting incidents and a bomb threat / hostage situation in under 2 weeks?

I sincerely hope nothing happens at your school.

There have been a few of these incidents which smell kinda Mk Ultra

The V Tech incident awhile back (very large cia recruiting ground)
The incident at the Mall after Bush was there just a few hours before the shooting
The church incident where Jeanne Assam was the hero security guard at the church. (Something tells me shes a possible agent perhaps observer)

Now I know this might be crazy talk but MK Ultra is a very real thing and has alot of legit research to back it up that it indeed works. Im just saying these events are standing out like a sore thumb to suggest it might very well be just this

All the powers that be would have to do now is run a campaign in the media that these folks were bugged out by conspiracy theories to really put an end to conspiracy theory talk or at least make it very difficult to talk about in society. They could also bring about a sort of prejudiceness toward people with depression, anxiety, bipolar, and folks that take medicines to help with these maladies.

Who knows

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think the lock downs are really in response to the VaTech incident. The university took a lot of heat for not locking down the campus after the first shootings were reported. So, no other institutions want to be caught "with their pants down". Better safe then sorry, ya know?

I need to read up on MKUltra, I have heard it referenced a lot but I haven't actually read on it. Sounds like a project for the evening.

new topics

top topics

join