It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did any country develop a time machine????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Even if any government developed a time machine (Russians, Americans, Germans etc.) we would not know about it - they would go back in time and stop any leak of the information to keep it classified. If they did change our history, there is also no way of knowing - we don't know they have a time machine! I don't think they have one yet, though - but they may have sent someone back already to stop the leak or kill the mole...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I have also read up some info on the nazis building a time machine, don't believe it much at the moment though,
i was just thinking if it WAS true,

wouldn't attempts to "change" the course of time just splinter into a new timeline, kinda like an alternate universe whereby the main timeline stays unnaffected?

and if the technology was real, and true time travel and the ability to change the course of time as we know it was possible,
i have no doubt the nazis would have won the war, and we'd all be speaking german!

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
There are versions of a time machine. One that goes forward and one that goes backward. The forward one is not difficult to make, we already travel forward in time. You can speed up the travelling forward by going close to the speed of light.

If someone build a timemachine that allows people to go back in time, it would mean that a lot of the current scientific theories are wrong. The only way to go back in time is to go faster than light. The problem is that you need more than infinite energy. In my opinion that's a bit hard to get, even for governments. Travelling backwards is time is fiction, it violates causality and causes a lot of paradoxes.

Therefore, no country ever developed a time machine that allows people, things or information to go back in time.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Great Time Travel Cover-Up

1) Build Time Machine
2) Tell World
3) Laugh at ensuing wonder and possible chaos
4) Go back in time to just before everybody finds out and stop the info from leaking
5) Lather Rinse Repeat

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by quiksilver
if we had ever developed a time machine in history that can go back in time then we would have visitors, either they would go public and tell of future, or they would have been sent on a mission to give the government this technology so they could have it earlier. either that or we find out we cant travel back in time only forward, or that there is some prohibition stopping people from ging back in time. OR that time isnt real and just an idea that we humans generate to give reason to action, ageing etc.

No, they wouldn't go public. That would be a bad idea. They wouldn't give their technology to the government, because that's a free lunch (not good). Not going back in time and just accepting the reality we live in seems like a good idea, though.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i dont thnik the Nazis were samrt enough to develop a time machine. Maybe u've been watching too much justice leage?????lilblam

top topics

<< 1   >>

join