It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Opposition: Nuclear Program Resumed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Iran Opposition: Nuclear Program Resumed

www.lasvegassun.com

By PAUL AMES
Associated Press Writer

BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) - An exiled Iranian opposition group on Tuesday contested a U.S. intelligence report that said Tehran halted a nuclear weapons development program in 2003, insisting the bomb-making program resumed the following year.

"We announce vehemently that the clerical regime is currently continuing its drive to obtain nuclear weapons," said Mohammad Mohaddessin, a spokesman for the Paris-based National Council of Resistance of Iran, or NCRI.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ncr-iran.org
fleetingperusal.blogspot.com

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The ''report'' did state that Iran has a nuke program for certain. It also states that Iran continues to enrich uranium. this is not a good situation for the civilized world. iran must not be allowed to get the bomb.

www.lasvegassun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Mmmmmm... shades of the Iraqi opposition group and their claims of Bio/Chemical weapons and factories dotting the Iraqi landscape that were waved before us by Blair and Brown as justification for war.

One of my neighbours is developing a deathstar in his garage across the road. He should be locked up immediately as he's a clear threat to us all. This has absolutely nothing to do with me wanting his garage space for my car, trust me

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wonder if the U.S. will accept this information.

Wikipedia:
The President-elect of the NCRI is Maryam Rajavi. Massoud Rajavi is officially the President and official spokesman of NCRI but he has not been seen or heard since the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Alireza Jafarzadeh was its official representative in the USA until the Washington office was closed by the US State Department in 2002 on the grounds that it was only a front group for the People's Mujahedin of Iran (PMOI, also known as MEK or MKO), by then listed as a terrorist organistion in the United States

The group sounds like the anti-castro league set up by the CIA.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
How would a group in exile know about a secret program?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Yes Chalabi comes to mind, I guess many forgot how easily was for Bush to listen to the opposition when following agendas.

History repeats itself.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I think our governments and the corporate press count on us having short memory / attention spans so they can get away with this stuff

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Actually, the report by this group was originally published in the Wall Street Journal, not by any government sources and the US government has not stated it believes what is in the report (to my knowledge they haven't officially commented on it in any way). In fact, according to the Fox article about this, the group that published the report is currently listed as a terrorist group by the US government, as well as the EU. So be careful assuming this is government propaganda in support of anti-Iran feelings. Seems more likely to have a negative impact on anti-Iran feelings, sense the report comes from a terrorist group.

top topics

join